Convicted felon Donald J. Trump thread XXX: Hawk Loomah

Requires an amendment to GA constitution which involves supermajority vote in both chambers plus statewide referendum.

Says who? That sounds unconstitutional

Are divorced men more likely to be Trumpers? Or are Trumper men more likely to get divorced? Maybe both but Iā€™d guess the cause and effect is more likely to be the second scenario

1 Like

Whatever the legal details, Trumpā€™s interpretation of the various rulings in the past few months is that he can do or try to do whatever he wants and heā€™s immune from any consequence. Not great!

The same personality flaws that lead many men to divorce also lead them into support trump, sure yeah Iā€™d buy that

4 Likes

I was thinking more from the womanā€™s angle. Finding out your husband supports someone like that probably puts a strain on a lot of marriages.

It would line up with divorced women being less likely to support Trump (Trump-hating women being more likely to seek divorce from Trump-loving husbands)

One of my saddest experiences during the pandemic was the opposite of this, where a doctor that my wife knows was married to a guy who become a rabid anti-vaxxer. She stuck with her husband (even though his anti-vaxxer culture war stance was diametrically opposed to everything that she stood for professionally and personally) and she lost all her friends. We didnā€™t really want to abandon her because of her husband, but itā€™s not like weā€™re going to hang out with HERP DERP AUTISM guy. I honestly donā€™t know if sheā€™s still letting him ruin her life.

2 Likes

Probably less the specific candidate you support and more of a spurious association,

Make a list of the five most pro Trump men you know and then imagine what kind of husbands they would be.

Make a list of the five best husbands you know and then guess how much they like Trump.

2 Likes

Toxic masculinity, antiintellectualism, if you dig that kind of stuff as part of your personality, if thatā€™s how your brain works, trump is your hero. The wives maybe didnā€™t see the red flags as clearly until trump became the mascot for those behaviors

3 Likes

https://x.com/brendengallager/status/1812864870355984743

13 Likes

Perfect :ok_hand:

(obviously in the song ā€œsmall townā€ actually means ā€œwhiteā€ and ā€œbig cityā€ means ā€œblackā€, but this is still funny)

3 Likes

Is there anything about the SCOTUS immunity ruling that limits it to federal crimes? I feel like theyā€™ll just say that itā€™s official enough conduct that looking into it would give presidents a sad, so itā€™s immune just to be safe.

buddy, thatā€™s not just his interpretation

4 Likes

Considering they delayed the sentencing in the NY case based on the SCOTUS immunity ruling, I donā€™t think thereā€™s any idea that state cases donā€™t apply.

2 Likes

without even googling I am 99.9999% sure of the answer

1 Like

The RNC is going to be unprecedented levels of cringe.

Vance is Trumpā€™s VP nominee.

https://twitter.com/acnewsitics/status/1812905600516563058

2 Likes

Wait why didnā€™t he stick with Pence?

1 Like

Pence didnā€™t want toā€¦hang around any longer.

26 Likes