Community rule vote: Moderators and moderation logs

I object. @jman220reading broke no forum rules.

Ridiculous and hyperbolic criticism of a brand new mod who was clearly just trying to keep a thread on track and tone down some arguments = “just fine,” but criticizing the poster who levied that criticism against the mod = “part of the problem.”

You’ve posted about your feelings of frustration with that RFC quite a bit, but I’m not sure what you really wanted to happen. AFAICT, the reason it didn’t go further is that you didn’t post a poll with the final language for people to vote on so it could move on to a final vote. Why not? You’re blaming the world at large for the failure of a process which didn’t work because you didn’t lead it well and push it to a conclusion. It didn’t even actually fail unless I’m missing something, it’s just waiting on you to post some language for the proposal. If you just post a proposal that explicitly states what everyone thinks is obvious (posters banned for bad behavior can’t just ignore the ban by creating a gimmick) and hedges on what people disagree on (self-bans), it seems like it has a good shot to pass.

Cite.

2 Likes

88 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bickering about old drama

Current votes.

Possibly shady voters

Yes:

• QRomo
  • Read

No:

• jmanreading220
  • ArizonaRonFromTucson
  • brooktrout
  • GrittyNHL

If anyone believes that there are votes that should not be included in the final tally, either post here or PM me at @spidercrab. (I am only logged in to this admin account when I do the rare adminning.)

Also, it would be useful to indicate on what basis you think the vote should not be included.

Goddammit, somehow ponied on this by bobman.

4 Likes

Man, if this is honestly your takeaway from my post and this is the only thing you can say in response to it then I don’t even know why we’re bothering here.

4 Likes

Read and jmanreading should both be invalid. Gritty is valid IMO. No idea on the others.

2 Likes

QRomo, ArizonaRonFromTucson, and brooktrout appear to be legitimate accounts with no IP matches to others.

3 Likes

I think qromo, brooktrout, and gritty are legit, though they are extreme lurkers that don’t even read very often

Er, ponied. Not sure about ArizonaRon since they only joined 11 hours ago, but yea if IP doesn’t have a match then it should be fine

1 Like

lol

1 Like

Damn. Screenshotting the DOM. BOSS.

hahaha

I don’t think the IP check is determinative that it’s not a gimmick.

2 Likes

Yeah, lol. Not surprising. But, lol. Stop playing games.

2 Likes

I can understand how you might not know what I mean by “common law,” but it’s a pretty straightforward concept if you google around a bit.

2 Likes

IDK seems like we don’t need an RFC to understand that gimmicks can’t vote IF they are a duplicate vote. One vote per eligible human should be obvious. But if not, let me know so I can fire up FakeJbro.

IMO it never got traction because both team captains and team boots both had people that would get banned under the proposed rules.