College Football 2024: Hail to the Cheaters

I guess, but it’s not exactly unreasonable to rate michigan higher than osu given the last two years of asswhoopings, what they return and osu losing a top tier qb.

Basically all the neutral power rankings had Michigan in the top 4 at the end of last year alongside UGA, Bama, and OSU. They return the most production out of any of the top teams.

Not at all unreasonable to think they’d be neutral site favorites over Alabama if they played week 1. I’d agree that the other teams like Alabama that recruit better have a higher upside but that’s not what this is measuring.

Yeah also bamas qb situation is very unsteady right now. It might work out, but it might not too

Jesus Christ, whose dog did WSU run over? It seems like they get fucked in every scenario here. And I am new to this, but this seems like about the last fanbase that deserves it.

We’ve committed the crime of locating our campus in a tiny town outside of a major metro area. Seemingly doesn’t matter that our games have actually gotten better TV ratings than over half the conference. Performance of our programs relative to extremely paltry resources has been quite good, but that doesn’t matter either.

Going to be pretty tough to hang in there with continuing to watch college sports at this point. I’ve continually spent extra money to get myself the extra access necessary to follow our games, and I’m certainly done with that.

This is what’s freaking people in Pullman out, so many businesses are apparently dependent on people coming to town for the games.

I’m taking my kid up there Thursday morning to begin college. Go Cougs!

1 Like

Pac dissolving as a conference is such a travesty. Ruins the sport.

This all sucks. And all because of one sport.

The good news is that your kid will almost certainly love going to WSU regardless. I’m across the country now, so traveling to Pullman for games has been a non-starter for a very long time (actually don’t believe I’ve been to a game in Pullman since I was a student). But it’s absolutely true that this stands to potentially crush the local economy, and it sounds inevitable that innocent bystanders within the athletic department will be losing their jobs because the athletic department is currently staffed up to service a P5 school.

College sports has obviously always been a heavily tilted playing field, but if they’re going to try to tilt us all the way off the board then I probably just need to plan to spend my time on other things.

Since I got my postgrad degree at IU I’ve secondarily followed the Hoosiers since their interests never seemed to compete with WSU’s, but since the B1G has gone ahead and raided my school out of existence I don’t see how I would continue to engage with that conference’s sports at all.

Listening to a Duck podcast now and the “this moment is the culmination of everything built at Oregon since the 90s” is pissing me off.

WE’VE BEEN NUMBER TWO FOUR DIFFERENT TIMES SINCE 2000!

How likely is it that Oregon will accomplish that once over the next twenty years?

We’ve already proven we can be a top program by actually being a top program. Excuse me for not giving a shit about receiving acknowledgement from the Big Ten that we’ve arrived. We’ve been whooping their ass on the field since Hayden Fry was at Iowa. (17-9 in my lifetime)

The worst thing about Oregon is the obsession with status. All this from a program that will always be fine financially.

JFC I can’t listen to these losers. The academic building for athletes has been rebuilt ~37 times since I was there. Oregon was never going to go broke as a program. I accept that there’s no real choice but to take the money but don’t fucking tell me this is some great opportunity for student athletes at Oregon to finally get funding. The imported tiles in whatever new building will be even more expensive. Exciting.

1 Like

lol

1 Like

I’m the same. I got my graduate degree at Emory and refuse to root for their football team.

…STILL undefeated!

1 Like

Re: Wazzu

I was randomly on some sculptor’s page last week who happens to be the guy who did the bronze cougar.

Oregon State is also currently a top 25 team. Just all about money and only the cities matter to these rich assholes.

The Apple Cup twice in the last seven years was for the north division title.

It did sound like the TV deals fell apart and they basically mostly only had a streaming offer from apple that all the AD’s didn’t want. Things are changing.

Surprised amazon didn’t offer something, it’s better than one shitty game on a thursday.

A bronze cougar you say?

1 Like

KAC-12

mother in love w/ football

2 Likes

Ducks and Beavs enter their match together both undefeated. The loser of the match beats the winner in the P12 Championship (no divisions anymore) and neither make the playoff.

Inter-conference trophies are the only thing that can save college football.

Ducks. Huskies. Beavers. Cougars. Vikings. Eagles.

Or as I propose it to be called: The Six Nations.

The FBS teams play each other +1 of the FCS teams, who play each other. So that’s 4 matches for the FBS teams and 3 for the FCS teams. 3-0 FCS > 3-1 FBS, if both undefeated it’s a retain the the trophy because it rained a bunch sort of deal.

Each school has one match that is both in conference and Six Nations.

Conference schedules are going to be spread across the country, might as well have OOC games be local interest.