College Football 2024: Hail to the Cheaters

lol at the Texas receiver mugging when they still need a TD and the clock is about to run

Guess not. But damn, what a way to tempt fate.

I don’t get the rule that stops the clock when an offensive player gets hurt like that late. Doesn’t that give the defense the incentive to hurt someone?

In fairness, defenses already have extreme incentive to injure opponents on every play. In theory, purposely injuring an opponent would result in an unnecessary roughness/unsportsmanlike conduct foul which would more than offset any single-play clock benefit.

1 Like

It would end the game in this situation.

How many times do teams have to get called for holding or fumble or get hurt before teams just kneel 3 times and punt it out of the end zone into the stands.

Steve Sarkisian looks like he’d be Ryan Feldman’s dad

3 Likes

Clay Travis claims he has 100s of millions of dollars. Can’t be close to accurate.

lol 12-1 frauds go home

I believe him, right wing grifting is pretty lucrative. Alex Jones has (or had) that kind of money and so do Rogan, Portnoy etc etc

I have to think Michigan is going to destroy Washington, but the Huskies just keep winning so I really dunno.

Opening line of UM - 4.5 sounds right.

It’s weird they are playing the B1G championship in Houston

4 Likes

So what happened with the clock late? UW injury or mismanagement?

Coaching malpractice honestly. It was worse than the Miami coach

With 2:50 to go. 3rd and like 6-8 on the 20. Texas 2 TO left. Up six

Just take a knee js better than incomplete pass. So incomplete pass. Let Texas keep 2 TO. FG good

Texas marches. Scores with like 1:05 left. Onside kick failed.

Washington can knee knee knee and punt through end zone. Texas will have 10-15 seconds tops

They go run TO run TO. 3rd and 8. They run. 1 yard gain. RB dies. Clock stops with 47! seconds left

I was rooting for Texas at that point.

lol, I turned the TV off and went to sleep once the onside kick failed. Had no idea any of this happened.

Nah. I’d say nothing could top that ever, but Nick Saban actually did the same thing in the SEC title game.

No one talks about it because there wasn’t a fumble, but he took a 0% chance of losing and made it non-zero.

1 Like

Washington was running out the clock as Texas was out of timeouts. With about 45 seconds left, Washington ran up the middle failing to get to the line needed on third down. The runner was injured on the play and the clock was stopped. If he had not been hurt, the clock would have run til about 12 seconds before Washington had to punt. But because of the injury, the clock didn’t start until the next snap, which was the punt. Washington was penalized 15 yards for fair catch interference, and Texas had enough time to drive down the field and nearly win the game. My question is why couldn’t they just restart the clock after the injured player was off the field. ???

https://x.com/celebrityhottub/status/1742214626320744773?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

3 Likes

Ask Michigan what can happen punting with 10 seconds left.

Seriously, thanks for the play by play. Much better than anything a reporter wrote. Time management is hard. Apparently. Just like Jeopardy wagering.

A hockey player would crawl off the ice before letting something adverse happen to the team.

I’m a night owl, a college fb fan, and had money on the game. I don’t even think I made it to the 4th quarter before i fell asleep. What the fuck was that scheduling