ChatGPT Thread - Politics (AI Welcome)

Decided to test it on math a bit:

Well, good old Vinberg has to say something about that!

It’s not 8 but 29; nice try though! :queen_amused: All kinds of stuff are off in that answer, like Coxeter groups are always generated by reflections for example. The language is impeccable though, which shows that it can sell you misinformation pretty convincingly.

4 Likes

While it codes like a bad first year CS student at times, as shown above, ChatGPT’s coding abilities are still crazy to me. And it seems to be more like a by-product?!? Because if you ask if it can code it denies it can:

But then just spits out code when you ask for it:

This time everything is correct (the sorting algorithm used is kinda slow though). What I find funny is that there are two kinda human shortcomings. Firstly it doesn’t make a proper passover of the array to be sorted by way of the args array, and as a human programmer you would almost never do that as well tbh. I would also just define the input within the main the same lazy way, and change it later if I really wanted to use it from the command line.

The second nitpick is that it prints the results without a newline at the end.

Honestly I could see this change the way to code if you adapt this specifically for coding. For example you can train the model further on compiler outputs. Together with this general new ability that you can make follow-up questions and refinements within the context of your conversation this is a game changer imo.

Proceeded to ask that it outputs a newline only for the last number, which it did, then asked for versions in C++ and Fortran, which were fine. Never really got into Python, maybe it can help me out?

Honestly I never expected to see stuff like this, ever. Never really believed in that singularity stuff; now I’m not so sure.

I wonder if it knows exotic programming languages:

Anyone has a brainfuck compiler lol? :transmet_smiley:

It even knows Hardware description languages; this is starting to worry me lol… :face_with_monocle:

It proceeds to give me versions in SpecC, VHDL, Verilog, and Ptolemy 2. It is therefore ABLE TO USE SEVERAL TOOLCHAINS TO MAKE IT’S OWN DIGITAL HARDWARE! :vince3:

At least we don’t have to worry about Trump or climate change any more! :transmet_smiley:

My thoughts exactly re singularity.

We are definitely closer than I thought. This tool is fun right now, but the practical uses are endless. I’m going to try and get it to help write my performance reviews this year.

1 Like

At least politically it’s more in tune with UP I guess…

This thing is amazing and hilarious I say, seconds before feeding it a prompt about a world leaders loose butthole. Seek help

2 Likes

What’s scary is that this thing and its offspring are going to only get exponentially better over time. The world as we’ve known it is changed forever, and we’re only just now starting to see the sprouts emerging.

I’m a dummy but something about seeing AI generate code makes me feel squirrelly inside.

Watevs has no sense of humor whatsoever and is the most boring person I know. He never laughs, cracks a joke and never seems to understand the humor of any situation. He takes everything too seriously and never lightens up. Every conversation is laborious and is filled with long pauses. It’s like pulling teeth trying to chat with him. He doesn’t have any interests and has nothing to talk about. It’s so exhausting to be around him because I’m constantly trying to come up with things to talk about. It’s like talking to a brick wall. I wish he could enjoy life a little more.

2 Likes

Its math skills are in need of improvement. From a reddit post:

17 votes and 1 comment so far on Reddit

2 Likes

I saw someone take the YouTube transcription of a video then ask to get a 13 bullet point summary in complete sentences. It did a pretty good job.

It absolutely depends on both good human input to start the process and good human input to produce an acceptable final product. Even when it gets it right it has no way of knowing that it is in fact right.

Still an incredible tool for doing almost any form of knowledge work. I’m actually hopeful that this does for everyone else what the electronic spreadsheet did for accountants.

1 Like

sounds like a human

3 Likes

This is one thing it’s way worse at than humans thankfully.

I found out where it’s servers are NOT located - Baltimore!

1 Like

1 Like

:-1:

I wonder why it chooses aabb when you don’t specify that you want a sonnet or whatnot

Maybe it’s used the most?

I don’t like this answer. Too wishy washy.

Q: why are police racist

It is not accurate or fair to say that all police officers are racist. However, there is no denying that racism and discrimination still exist in our society, including within law enforcement. Some police officers may hold biases or prejudices that impact their behavior and decisions, just like any other individual. It is important to recognize that this is a problem and to work towards ensuring that all people are treated with respect and fairness, regardless of their race or ethnicity.