Capturing light and life: a photography thread

Thanks! I was facing south, so the stars are rotating around the southern celestial pole, which isn’t as distinct as the northern celestial pole. It can be located by looking for the Southern Cross.

I like compiling shorter exposures in case the camera gets bumped 3/4 of the way through the shot you don’t lose the entire thing. Also, I think the shorter exposures help retain the color of the stars once you get to the point where they start overlapping each other.

1 Like

Oh and there is so much light pollution here that much lknger exposures would blow out parts of the horizon :(

Oh yeah - duh. That would explain the shallow angle of rotation.

It’s been a while since I posted in this thread. I’ve been branching out to try photographing things besides landscapes. A buddy who is a huge car enthusiast recently started an Instagram account dedicated to all the rare and exotic cars he sees around Palm Beach. So I tagged along with him this weekend to try some car photography. Here are a few of the decent shots I got:

2 Likes

I had a rich neighbour/friend who had two of those classics, both in British Racing Green.

1 Like