Bump This Thread When Jimmy Carter Outlives Someone Nonterrible

As a San Diego political insider, I can tell you, it was a lot. He had a lot of political clout (read: money) and was also one of the people behind the push for Todd Gloria’s camping ban.

I’m pissed that our supposedly progressive mayor caved.

The bad part about all of this is that when Bill Walton endorsed Sunbreak, all of a sudden a bunch of random “average” voters learned about this and latched onto it. Without his endorsement, it would have remained a crazy idea that only a few RWNJs talked about.

And yes, it’s bad. The places they want to put this camp have no services, no good sources of water, and would require billions of dollars in new infrastructure. In the desert. It’s a humanitarian and environmental nightmare.

1 Like

As a caveat, I can’t be sure he’s 100% evil. This policy is just one of the ones that really triggers me.

He, like most people, probably belongs in a “bump this thread when sometime-terrible and sometimes not-terrible famous people die”

Because the majority of people aren’t 100% bad or 100% good. Except Kissinger. he can rot.

3 Likes

What’s the worst thing a person can do and be non-terrible?

1 Like

True. Only I am 100% good and pure. The rest of you range from 0% (you know who you are) to 99% (@clovis8 :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts:).

7 Likes

Last game was a few days ago. Incredible.

1 Like

I gotcha, dawg.

2 Likes

I vote for just one obit threat, but for each notable death we take a poll to rate people based on their goodness on a scale from 0 (Stalin) to 100 (Bryant Gumble).

3 Likes

Fuck the entire existence of these threads.

non terrible doesn’t mean awesome. He belongs in here.

2 Likes

I think we should remove the “non-terrible” and just have this thread as a default for people who will be missed.

How many of our parents would meet a purity test that excludes being a rich dude who supports a bad idea on homeless people?

You are only as good as your worst deed. Unless I really like you anyway, then you get special dispensation.

What’s even the point of the internet if I can’t purity test dead people who only shared 90% of the same beliefs that I do

8 Likes

I hear Bill Walton didn’t like the same kind of pizza I do.

1 Like

I think you’re taking this whole thing too seriously. We’re just shitposting on a largely unknown politics forum. Almost no one reads these posts (it’s not like Walton’s widow is gonna come on UP and get upset) and even among those who do, no one really cares that much. It’s 95% just idle chatter.

Yep, not to mention we don’t really know if someone who by all accounts was a saint was really terrible. It’s just shit posting.

The terrible person thread should be about those we wish to shit post about and dance on their graves. Some people find that unseemly, so this thread should be for posting about dead people who don’t induce that behavior.

1 Like

https://www.threads.net/@barackobama/post/C7fIGuCvTYV/?xmt=AQGzEVjPU3QKmMCc48SWS-52zxKqAWe6_IjKXuHxnuaBIQ

Wtf wait did Bryant Gumble pass?? No Gumble 2 Gumble reunion?? Talk about burying the lede

RIP Larry Allen

https://x.com/geoffschwartz/status/1797672677265834052?s=46

https://x.com/geoffschwartz/status/1797660628834009399?s=46

1 Like

Anders took the Earthrise photo.

NASA-Apollo8-Dec24-Earthrise

We came all this way to explore the Moon, and the most important thing is that we discovered the Earth.

Reporting says he died in the crash of a plane he was piloting. Video of crash at Twitter (from a distance).

7 Likes