Bump This Thread When Jimmy Carter Outlives Someone Nonterrible

I always think of this when I think of Sinead O’Connor.

2 Likes

Yeah when I saw she died I immediately assumed suicide, she was very much not well. Sad.

1 Like

11 Likes

Thats awesome. She was a wonderfully unique and odd woman who played by her own rules. Fuck the man.

1 Like

Sad news indeed, Sinéad was a very influential personality for people of my generation, just a few years younger than her. Musically she experimented quite a bit and sang a good few duets with various artists. And she had the most beautiful smile.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a hanam.

5 Likes

I haven’t found many fans of delerium/conjure one in the forum streets, but she had a decent cut on the conjure one debut album

The one that sticks out to me

And she went out with a mortal sin, one last FU.

Losing a child is the worst thing.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Is it problematic that we still refer to her as Sinead O’Connor, which she referred to as a “patriarchal slave name”, and not Shuhada’ Sadaqat, which she took after converting to Islam, or is that a practical thing because none of us are ever going to remember her new name?

She continued to use her birth name professionally (e.g. her memoir and last album were both released after she changed her name and still used Sinead O’Connor), so I think for people that only knew her in that sense it’s fine to use.

RIP Paul Reubens

2 Likes

I don’t know man. Didn’t he some issue with some very taboo artwork to say the least?

1 Like

Damn Pee-Wee, didn’t know about the “artwork” stuff til now

Ya, there needs to be a thread for borderline or potentially, but not known for sure if they’re terrible people dying.

Sucks because I thought he was great in his guest appearance on Reno 911. Appears at first around 4:40

Not as good of a one-off as Reading Ron but still good.

Damn I thought he was 10 years younger for sure

He was great in Blow. RIP Pee-wee

2 Likes

Pee Wee Herman almost certainly the least onerous part of growing up in the 1980s, Reubens probably did as much as anyone to make me the suspect weirdo I am today. I still remember how mad my mom got at dad for letting me watch his randy HBO show when I was like 6 years old, RIP

2 Likes