Bump This Thread When Jimmy Carter Outlives Someone Nonterrible

E bikes have to be more dangerous than motorcycles.

A hospital near Seattle.

I hit a 4x4 on the freeway one time and it was surprisingly not that big a deal. Also had a front tire blow out on the freeway and also not that big a deal. A car hit me one time and I didn’t go down. Gravel or anything slippery is very bad but you shouldn’t be surprised by it and should be taking it into account.

1 Like

Inspect your shit, man

Smh my head

Do not live. You will die.

1 Like

I don’t think the tire was obviously bad - wasn’t all worn.

I rode for like 30 years and never went down on the street, but I quit pressing my luck a few years ago anyway.

Sure, Jan

3 Likes

I’m sure it’s about adrenaline for some riders, and I’m sure those riders increase the death rate

Never understood why people think it must be an adrenaline thing

1 Like

My neighborhood is lousy with even pre-teens going nuts on e-bikes. Old man yelling at clouds or w/e, but it really is crazy and we’re just waiting for a kid to get killed.

Riding is dangerous even if you’re not nuts, but both of the people I know who got hurt on motorcycles were pretty nuts - racing around, one was drunk. The statistics would be bad anyway, but they are way jacked up because such a high percentage of riders are crazy youngsters.

1 Like
1 Like

Glenda Jackson.
Multiple Oscars, Emmys etc. Rich as fuck no doubt. Went into politics and tried to do the right thing. Respect.

3 Likes

PS: Some fun for the old brits…

I’ve never dropped the bike on the street…only in parking lots, lmao. It’s embarrassing, for sure. It’s mainly because I’m really short and have to 1-foot basically any street-legal bike (that can go above 70 mph, anyway), and sometimes I just lose my balance. Or one time a big dog ran up and literally jumped on me and knocked me down…that wasn’t fun and the dog owner was a douche.

1 Like

This really should have made all of Cormac McCarthy’s obits:

Robert Pirsig famously wrote a book about riding motorcycles
He is also dead
Draw your own conclusions

Che Guevara, too.

1 Like

From her v

scully

1 Like

vault?

The v truly was for “vagina”, so you’re not joking if you thought you were.