Binding Vote - Concerning Election and Reelection of Moderators

In a thread titled “Concerning Election and Reelection of Moderators” what are your expectations of the content of the debate?

Legit curious why @iron81 voted no. He’s possibly the only person voting no on this that isn’t doing it because of a personal petty squabble, besides maybe Keeed.

The moderation policy should not be designed based on petty user grievances with an axe to grind.

1 Like

I suspect that if you polled the forming the overwhelming majority would agree with Bruce on what would happen if you did absolutely nothing.

But feel free to pretend like that is not true.

I am fine with the final form, by the way.

They don’t want a referendum because they know that they will be told to fuck off.

I voted no because you guys are putting way too much effort into figuring this stuff out and I wish a third of the posts on this forum weren’t about moderation.

3 Likes

How is that fixed? It’s the exact same gobbeldygook. I abstain because I have no idea what Yes or No means.

This is 1000x worse than the California Propositions. At least they clearly spell out. “A Yes vote means …”, “A no vote means nothing will happen” You should at least stipulate what no means.

3 Likes

A yes vote means that we adopt this method of choosing and renewing moderators. A no vote means that we continue with the arbitrary and capricious means of doing so.

Fair enough.

In the same vein, 2/3s of what? Voters in said poll? Maybe that’s obvious, but I’m surprised that it is not spelled out. Bunch of lawyers, programmers and math types on this site, you’d expect the wording to be tighter.

1 Like

It’s 2/3 of voters in the poll. The RFC process being referenced is here:

1 Like

Ok thanks, I haven’t followed closely enough. And I see that RFC is a general type dealy and not specific to electing new moderators.

Thanks for clarifying stuff wookie, and fielding questions. Sorry if I made this confusing for anyone. Still trying to figure out how this works. It’ll get better.

3 Likes

It’s been 7 days. Removing banner.

2 Likes

Also, @MrWookie, we should catalog every binding vote somewhere so people know what we’ve voted on and what rules/policies have passed or not.

This is done

https://unstuckpolitics.com/t/consolidated-ratified-forum-rules/4567/6

This rule has passed, and I’m locking this thread.

1 Like