Being a mod or admin is intolerable, and this community is at a high risk of dying

I seem to have a very different take on which side is trying to solve things and who is just arguing itt. Which sucks for me, as you are literally the only person in this forum who likes my humor.

3 Likes

Alright, there is only one solution.

Everyone scan their passports. We vote then flay 3 Americans and 3 Euros alive, and let the vultures devour their corpses.

Ban everybody from the UK and lock the UK politics thread.

Problem solved!

Now onto what actually matters!

1 Like

:thinking:

Funny how they have yet to do so.

I disagree. What actually happened is somebody bumped the thread and re-started an argument that was already decided, and made some pokes at the people who voted in favor of the C-word. Pretty early on, both Jal and d2 said to lock the thread as it was a settled matter.

Rather than the thread being locked, the arguments continued about a previously settled matter, with wookie getting involved and giving as good as he got over many posts.

Then Sky came in and admonished only Jal and team (for lack of a better description) for continuing the arguments and not letting things go. (Even though before it had really flared up they both asked for the thread to be locked.) And it’s not like they were, you know, arguing with themselves. And in fact, since the matter was already settled by vote in their favor why are they catching any more heat than wookie and the others involved with it arguing their case again rather than locking it up?

And this right here is what I was talking about when I said Sky threatened to ban users for doing something that was previously voted on as acceptable.

Looks straightforward to me. She threatened to ban users for something voted and settled on.

And then from here we have a week of escalation with only one side getting admonished, moderated, and temp banned.

5 Likes

You don’t agree that “the community is dying” in the title and posts is a bit hysterical too?

6 Likes

this

FWIW it seems like yall are doing a great job because I am completely unaware of the increase in moderation and I honestly didn’t know there’s some army of dipshits who are mad at mods (I do remember the weirdo with the creepy green dude crypt-keeper looking avatar who complained but I hadn’t ever even seen him before)

3 Likes

well, great, if they’ve already decided you’re biased then there’s no further downside to nuking them

1 Like

I have no idea why people keep coming into the thread, volunteering that they have no clue what happened, but then reflexively assuming that the mods handled it all wonderfully and everybody opposed should get banned.

9 Likes

typicalleftymodsgottogo.jpg

3 Likes

hysterical

We should probably not use this word when ultimately discussing banning the word ■■■■ from being posted.

1 Like

me not seeing the feud is a good indication that the mods are doing a good job

1 Like

Sorry, but that is wrong. It just means that you somehow managed to avoid the 5 or 6 (or more) threads solely dedicated to the matter that never should have happened because we should have moved on from the matter after it was voted on and settled.

It’s really easy tho. The fights are on a subject that almost no one cares about. The people in question probably aren’t particularly popular in the community.

I thought the same thing until people argued that no black squares means you are dismissive of woman and i was like that sounds odd. Maybe there might be more than one side to this.

5 Likes

yes, but it also means it hasn’t spilled into the forum in general and hasn’t ruined my enjoyment of the forum.

the people who are mad have obviously had space to voice their concerns. it sounds like the decision has been made, if they keep bitching about it then nuke em and move on

2 Likes

I mean, we would have had to nuke the mods if this is really your position. Seriously.

Sounds like he’s doing it right, I don’t see the problem.

Hopefully everyone has gained a new found appreciation for the difficulty our political leaders have keeping everyone happy.

1 Like

ok nuke em then

2 Likes