Being a mod or admin is intolerable, and this community is at a high risk of dying

I’ll suck on your toes.

Be sure to walk in some dirt first though!

This is outrageous. Where are the armed mods who come in to take the shitposters away? Where are they? This kind of behavior is never tolerated in 2+2. You shout like that they put you in ban. Right away. No trial, no nothing. Journalists, we have a special ban for journalists. You are stealing: right to ban. You are playing music too loud: right to ban, right away. Driving too fast: ban. Slow: ban. You are charging too high prices for sweaters, glasses: you right to ban. You undercook fish? Believe it or not, ban. You overcook chicken, also ban. Undercook, overcook. You make an appointment with the dentist and you don’t show up, believe it or not, ban, right away. 2+2 has the best posters in the world because of ban.

14 Likes
3 Likes

I would like to make a complaint about the ridiculous wording of this poll, and also use it as exhibit A for why a lot of people are unhappy with your modding.

6 Likes

I’ve got some freshly fertilized soil in my garden

1 Like

here ya go

2 Likes

I dont think its unacceptable to anyone, the people who aren’t huge proponents of it are stating that they don’t think it will fix the issues, and probably also prefer the current mods to the people who have offered to step up.

Its just change for the sake of change.

1 Like

I fired the shot, not him. I should not have. It is over, the pole is done.

So worst case scenario nothing changes except a good practice of rotating moderators.
Best case scenario world peace.

Seems like a good range.

I would guess that the pushback is a sign of something else.

4 Likes

This was never agreed on. This has been proposed from time to time but never was set as one of the rules of the community. Some (but not all) of the people proposing this now are clearly doing it in bad faith because they don’t like the current mods.

1 Like

What is the argument against it?

3 Likes

I’m OK with @anon10396289 and @PocketChads becoming mods and having two current mods step down.

A lot of people have also suggested having mods step down after a specified term. Six months sounds OK for that.

I think these changes alone are unlikely to solve some of the underlying issues. But I think there is little downside. Furthermore, these changes will be a move towards having a little more structure on the governance of the site, and more of that could help improve things.

2 Likes

I don’t ever remember seeing this but it is probably good to have a rotating group of people who take turns modding. Good for mental health.

Honestly, I’m totally fine with the way the forum is. Guess I’m a bit low-maintenance though.

1 Like

I’m pushing back because I think we should have done something else that would have certainly stopped these kinds of threads months ago.

There are others itt clearly pushing back because they don’t absorb themselves in all the drama and seem confused about it.

There are others who like the current mods more than the ones next in line.

I’m all for changing things up, but everyone should be able to predict what comes next.

Overall, the not agreed upon microbet floated idea of rotating mods is a bad idea but we’re 9 bad ideas into this shit already so whats one more?

I have absolutely no idea what any of this is about but for fucks sake people, we are living in a time when the President of the United States was banned from multiple websites on the internet. Appreciate your good fortune and stop being assholes. And if that’s too difficult, just ban the assholes that couldn’t stop assholeing

5 Likes

Because what happened on 2+2 doesn’t matter to this site? Also, you frequently held different viewpoints than wookie on 2+2, while here, you frequently don’t.

Furthermore, since you think what happened on 2+2 matters here, one time wookie banned you on 2+2 and you immediately came back on a gimmick to argue about it. You also complained in “about the forums” and we exchanged PMs about the whole thing. So this storyline about you happily accepting mod actions is kind of bullshit.

5 Likes

Oh man, after another 8 months and 27 polls we might finally ban someone who has caused this entire forum to derail? I can’t wait!

Oh well.

Wookie is clearly angry and offended. At first i thought the wording of the poll he opened was a self-aware joke, but as it happens most of the time, i misjudged it.

This, combined with yesterday’s offensive post and this thread makes it obvious to me that a change is needed and that change shouldn’t include any judgement or lack of appreciation.

I’m also beginning to realize that team black square will not settle for anything other than jal perma’ed or they will take down the forum. Like Chris Rock said - “i ain’t fighting”. Good luck.

2 Likes

Be careful who you ask.

1 Like

5 Likes