Bailout / Stimulus Discussion (Hints Missed & Shartz Fired)

Exact same thing happened with me. At first I was like, "Yeah, I guess it makes sense they don’t have my return on record yet since I just filed a few weeks ago… wait, 2019? They haven’t recorded the return I filed a year ago? Complete joke.

The stuff I found to be important…

LOL these mfkers.

The agency in the past week revamped its process to speed up reviews of venue grant applications, an SBA official said. Before the change, the process made it easy to shift responsibility for approvals from one person to another, delaying decisions, the official said.

The disaster office [has now] increased its staff to about 10,000 full-time, temporary, and contract workers, the SBA said, up from roughly 1,000.

Loan processors were expected to review a dozen applications an hour, a task made more difficult because of shifting requirements and guidelines, said a former SBA official who helped process loans. The SBA said loan processors are now expected to review 22 applications a day and that the processing department provides written guidance to loan officers.

In total, the office has provided roughly 9.8 million loans and grants totaling more than $230 billion, SBA data show. These pandemic responsibilities would have challenged even the best-run government agency.

Roughly six months after Congress authorized the program, the SBA has awarded about $304 million in grants. On Wednesday, more than 200 members of Congress signed a letter asking the SBA to explain the delays and speed the flow of funds.

Business owners complain of unprocessed aid applications, waiting hours on the phone with questions that go unanswered and technological glitches. Its inspector general warned of signs of rampant fraud.

Business owner Samantha Harvey said glitches in an online application site in April made it impossible to submit documentation to request an increase in the amount of the disaster loan

One problem was the file upload function didn’t work because certain technology licenses hadn’t been registered, an oversight the SBA official called “a forgotten detail.”

Dealing with the SBA “puts you in a state of confusion and doesn’t allow you to focus on what you should be doing, and that is to continue to rebuild your business after a pandemic,” Ms. Harvey said.

Congress charged the disaster assistance office at the start of the pandemic with issuing grants to small businesses, something it had never done.

One problem was that the Trump administration gave priority to the PPP, to the detriment of the disaster office, said Sen. Ben Cardin (D., Md.), chairman of the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship. The disaster loan programs, he said, “suffered in the implementation speed, as well as the amount of resources small businesses should have been entitled to that they did not receive.”

The GAO in March added the SBA to its list of high-risk government programs, citing evidence of fraud, program integrity risks and a need for greater oversight. KPMG, SBA’s independent auditor, declined to express an opinion on the agency’s fiscal 2020 financial statements, noting that the SBA had “inadequate processes and controls.”

After a ton of revamping so the SBA can provide basic service…

The SBA’s customer service agents can answer basic questions about Covid-19 disaster aid, but early in the pandemic most representatives didn’t have access to applicant files. They can now provide status updates and insert notes into files, the SBA said. Yet many business owners continue to report that service agents can’t answer their questions about how to resolve issues that may be delaying their aid approvals.

“Every week, we would say, ‘Why can’t people in the field have access to the ODA system?’ ” said Michael Vallante, a former SBA associate administrator in charge of field operations who left the agency this year.**

Ms. Guzman granted field offices access to loan files within days of taking office in March, the agency said. The SBA attributed the previous policy to the Trump administration.**

More than 160 SBA employees are working to address fraud, Ms. Guzman said, adding that Congress initially barred the agency from accessing tax documents, an important fraud prevention tool.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/Inc/status/1413604397301571588

“Loan” and “borrowers” are doing a lot of work there

lol, just got my stimulus check in the mail this week, gjge finally processing my 2019 return IRS.

1 Like

My EIDL application increase is in, for more than I was thinking because everytime they talked to me they wanted to increase it and I finally relented. They must be under pressure to get it all out.

Will be funny if it gets denied after all the hassle.

If they’re having a hard time distributing it maybe they could try sending the advance increases to the people who qualified in every single way except for the IRS processing their returns from over a year ago.

Well we got our big EIDL increase. Gotta set an appt with the accountant to make sure we track everything that we can assign it to.

Also need to figure out the best way to park it no risk while we figure out how to best use it (or payback a significant amount if business doesn’t tank again). Savings rate sucks. CDs are only around 0.5-0.6%.

And of course hope for EIDL forgiveness. I’m sure that will happen right after student loans…

Pandemic unemployment ended 6 months ago lol. Shockingly employers are still blaming Biden/Dems for the worker shortage and not the fact that they still pay 7.25 an hour.

https://twitter.com/BBoy_Alpha/status/1469124999550095366

at this point when a business is still fighting for wages lower than $15, it just tells me they are putting out a shit product for which they cannot charge more. admitting it to the every customer who walks in is just the icing on top.

If your business model requires predatory wages….

You can Make America Great Again! Did you know that slaves were so happy they sang in the fields? Makes you think!

1 Like

so like,

I just saw this on msn today. Is this right?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/1-400-checks-are-coming-in-the-new-coronavirus-relief-bill-here-s-who-will-get-them-and-who-won-t/ar-BB1er21q?li=BBorjTa

$1,400 per person including dependents for anyone making less than 75K or 150K jointly on 2020 returns?

How come I haven’t heard of this?

If its true, how come this isnt being trumpeted on every news show in the country by dems?

Wtf?

*This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: [$1,400 checks are coming in the new coronavirus relief bill. Here’s who will get them, and who won’t.]

That article was in March.

Ahhhhh, I see now.

What a horrible headline. These are the stimulus payments from March. Why on Earth is it being listed like this is new?

The article was updated recently.