Bailout / Stimulus Discussion (Hints Missed & Shartz Fired)

Did you file your 2020 taxes?

Not yet.

Yeah thats a little weird then

NM did a bunch of 600$ physical checks today as well from what I’m hearing on FB

Got taxes back from accountant. Ain’t paying shit for 2020. Got that sweet $10,000 unemployment deduction.

Of course the automatically quarterly calc a will be way off in 2021. Good thing I run my own projections and pay Q taxes based on that. Self employed I’d rather the government sit on a couple of $k then get a nasty surprise at end of year.

Haha. I typed Q taxes. Could have a whole ‘nother meaning.

2 Likes

Got one of those nasty surprises for 2019, I think our withholding was much better this year so it would be great if we could avoid that again. Accountant recommend paying quarterly but we didn’t

Well, according to my daughter’s orthondontist today, my family’s stimmy is going to him. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mine is going completely to the dogs. Literally.

Got our $BIDENBUX check in the mail this weekend.

We paid our 2019 taxes by mail and haven’t done the 2020 ones yet.

1 Like

Tax return finally approved. Will likely get our 3rd stimulus whenever they do the next check. I guess they are checking weekly for new people who qualify

2 Likes

Still waiting on mine. It’s BS. It’s like $500 on a 1040EZ form. It’s ridiculous.

Sorry man, I’m hoping you get yours soon

1 Like

I’m not in need of the money. I just want to know when I’m getting it. Tell me July 30th for all I care. It’s just bullshit “we are still processing” the return.

Finally posted a fully healthy set of invoices for March. The last couple of months of ‘19 were slow with the holidays and then ‘20 sucked azz.

Of course I’m in for some not fun. Got a last minute call frommmanagment to fly to this company’s R&D facility to “help” them. Should be interesting being foisted on them.

1 Like

I just got the email for the targeted Eidl advance. My business is one block away from what they define a low income neighborhood in the tool they linked in the email. Is it worth applying for? Seems like I will not be eligible correct?

The application is super simple if you have your Schedule C for the last couple years and the worst that can happen is nothing.

And nothing is precisely what I have received 2 months after the application and 1 month after signing the form for tax transcripts.

If it’s the advance that is free money. We got $3,000 last year, hoping of getting notice of additional $7,000. I think if they sent a note to you then your odds are decent (at worst)

Dammit. Got my advance letter. Entered our address. Not in a qualifying zone. One little neighborhood in our township that qualifies. My wife has a friend that lives there.

Also got invited to inquire/appply for a second EIDL. Checking it out.

I was contacted months ago and I am in a qualifying neighborhood and I still haven’t received anything, so afaict you’re not missing out on much.

1 Like

Got our refund today. Probably 3 weeks since filed.

2 Likes