Bailout / Stimulus Discussion (Hints Missed & Shartz Fired)

Got my stimmy plus my moms stimmy although it’s still pending. Gonna just transfer her the 1400.

1 Like

from Imgflip Meme Generator

10 Likes

3 Likes

Can I change my name to StimmyAbuser?

12 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/business/status/1372240655372664838

Hi Stimmy what’s Up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@CaffeineNeeded

2 Likes

hmm does that apply to the states too?

Likely but not guaranteed

1 Like

I knew this was coming. I had been told two months last week, but it must have been scaled back between now and then.

1 Like

Y’all better run

I not only got my stimmy in this week’s batch, but the 2020 return that was submitted this past Saturday has been processed and my 8K refund should be in my bank this Monday. :smiley:

They also received my e-filed 2019 amended return, but said give us a few months to get around to it.

The 2017 and 2018 amended returns, which had to be mailed in, are probably sitting in a warehouse somewhere for summer processing.

3 Likes

That’s incredible.

I am happy for you, make no mistake, but I have no idea how they have a backlog of like 26 million returns and yet people filing returns in the last week are getting refunds.

Its mindboggling

LIFO. Last in First Out. A lot of things work that way for some strange reason. You’d think it would be FIFO (first in first out) but often no.

I mean, I obviously get why that can be efficient with inventory, but we are talking 26 million people here and if reddit is anything to go by they are PISSSSSSSEEDDDDD

E-filed Saturday night. Refund hit my account this morning.

2 Likes

Today is supposedly update day for a number of filers of my ilk. Quite a few people got refund dates, Hooray!

I did not.

It feels like I’m in purgatory.

Chill :pray:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MontereyAq/status/1372967470714130438

I got a notice from the IRS yesterday about receiving the EIP2 stimulus payment. This was the one that came in January, right? The notice says I should receive it within 7 days of receiving the notice, but I actually received it like -82 days since receiving the notice?

Government working as expected.

So yeah, total radio silence on the 2nd stimmy and this one, perpetual “Payment Status-Not Available” on their site. Haven’t filed 2020 yet since I won’t qualify for this one at all then (not to mention I owe $$ so no rush).

Does this likely mean that 2019 was never processed? I owed that year too and waited until the very end of the extended deadline to send it. Can I actually check the status of last year’s return online? I wasn’t clear on whether that’s possible if you weren’t getting a refund anyway.

Yes you can create an account on irs.gov and see what they actually have on file for you for prior years.

Interesting. I got a $600 physical check (which I still haven’t deposited) and today I got an email from my bank that I received a $1400 deposit in my account.