Bailout / Stimulus Discussion (Hints Missed & Shartz Fired)

100%, and not because it will benefit me directly lol

Theres a reason they are going to try to tie this to 2019 taxes even though we can start getting 2020 taxes in soon.

So if they let Loeffler and Perdue vote yes on the $2,000 that would throw it to Pence. Trump clearly wants it. Establishment clearly does not.

But supposedly if it comes to a vote there are already enough Trumpers to vote yes?

1 Like

Yeah it’s a really bad move for the republicans to block it. It is not going to be held against them in any meaningful way (passing the 2k) and since when were they afraid of hypocrisy.

They certainly don’t have an ethical or moral struggle related to it, just more stupid political theater for an audience who does not care.

The only probably legitimate threat is it will end up being so popular that the public will want more and this puts the anti human party in a bad place.

But as for this act…

2 Likes

Lol sweet summer child etc etc

Here you go:

Still $0 for the family making $150,001, correct?

Great way to alienate your base of educated professionals, libs. Means testing is so stupid.

I dont think its 0. There is some fall off between 150K and 199K

But they could be making -0- right now ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Best friend and his wife both engineers

She just lost her 80k a year job

They could use 4K right about now

1 Like

Same here, my wife is not working and I was out of work for 6 months this year but… we had a good 2019, so fuck us, I guess

uhh I will not get a check and am overwhelmingly in favor of people like me not getting a check.

4 Likes

According to WSJ, zero money at $174,000 for a family. Based on 2019, which I really hope is just a typo.

As Riverman pointed out, the problem is it’s based off 2019 numbers. The pandemic started in 2020. Just give the money to everyone and if you made $150K or more in 2020, tax them in 2021.

6 Likes

Or just give it to everyone

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/hawleymo/status/1343960155277451265?s=21

2 Likes

I can’t believe the timeline of Donald Trump being responsible for Mitch having to approve $2k checks.

2 Likes

Not caving last summer seems like it is going to work out pretty well for the Dems even if by accident. Lol caving enthusiasts.

1 Like

I got to be honest, this is great but honestly Dems winning in the long term would be WAY better than an extra $1400, even with them being awful fucking shitlibs.

Although we could get nothing here and still lose which would be the worst outcome.

https://twitter.com/billscher/status/1343966019560345600?s=21