About Moderation (old original thread)

(after you had overrode a previous mods decision without consulting them)

The constant lying is hilarious.

Have you ever heard the theory that the refs stopping fights in hockey made it more dangerous? Weā€™ve had a couple fights, but I think people realizing thereā€™s nothing we can do to stop it helps keep it from getting out of hand.

Itā€™s easy to spin up new forums though. If it dies, it dies.

You banned a user because they flagged a post in which you considered that trolling. Just lol. Iā€™ve excused myself on plenty of mod actions that I thought I had a bias on. It was absurd.

Iā€™m nearly 100% sure you have your timeline wrong. Keeedā€™s ban of cuse was overturned first, then Keeed used that as justification to unban Sabo.

5 Likes

If you guys are a tight-knit group of friends, Iā€™d suggest setting up a Discord, as it is (imo) a vastly superior communication platform for such a group vs. a web-based discussion forum for a broader group of folks including randos.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s fine but elaborating further, they have not demonstrated an interest in posting here in a way that 60%+ of the community views as beyond warranting moderation.

The evidence of this is that they canā€™t get 60%+ of the community to side with them to allow their posts to go unmoderated and to end temp bans, just like theres not a supermajority behind permabanning them. So they arenā€™t respecting the wishes of the supermajority when they refuse to self-moderate their posting to meet the norms of the community.

If they did that, then they could co-exist here. Iā€™m just throwing out a number, but probably 95% of the posters here are basically never moderated. Itā€™s not that hard to stay within the very broad norms of the community.

On top of that they were on track to be given a subforum with no mods where theyā€™d be left alone, and they didnā€™t make it happen. Again, that was a lack of desire to participate here constructively in line with the norms in the rest of the forum because obviously then there would be no excuse for stirring up drama on the rest of the site.

They donā€™t just want to post here, they want to post here in any way they see fit with no regard for the posting and moderation norms that a supermajority supports.

Thatā€™s the actual problem.

Who is ā€œtheyā€? Some people there were not involved in the drama at all. Some were, but do not post here. Some barely post here. I sometimes get bored and try to post here sincerely for a while and pretty much the same for AQ. And both of us also get into drama sometimes. Victor tries to post here sincerely some times, but is met with shit almost instantly every time. Jalfrezi has written off this site completely and, at least for a while, only fights here. And he doesnā€™t post that much here.

Can you guys ask him to stop?

4 Likes

You didnā€™t consult me, as I said. I donā€™t care what you think, I was explaining what happened and why I quit to Alex.

Exactly. Make sure your personal attacks target the ā€œothers.ā€ That way youā€™ll never get banned, or if you do, throw a tantrum and it will be reversed immediately

I was referring to the 24 hour ban Keeed gave me, which I never complained about. Youā€™re now referring to the incident like 1.5 years ago when I wanted to self-ban and was refused even after a waiting period.

I said Iā€™d be willing to go post there and only constructively if the people there who keep coming back here to stir up drama agreed to only post here constructively. Iā€™d be open to a deal like that to grease the skids for peace and harmony.

Itā€™s kinda weird that an activist organizer failed so terribly at organizing a group of 100-150 generally politically like-minded people.

wat?

If I made decision that biased and boneheaded I would hope another mod would reverse it.

Correct, which I did l simultaneously with resigning. Someone is lying but itā€™s not me!

We do have a discord and I should hang out more. Lotta people from the UK/Ireland/Scotland/Australia though (by percentage) and itā€™s hard to have more than a few people on at one time because of time zones and thatā€™s not really enough to keep it from drying up.

1 Like

What was boneheaded about it? You agreed he was trolling with the post report. You just didnā€™t like that i banned someone you like.

And in any case if you considered me part of the mod team you would have PMed me first. You didnā€™t, unilaterally reversed me, so I quit. Simple.

victor the complaining about my ban literally said banning me was fine. These things are not the same.

I literally volunteered you.

1 Like