About Moderation (old original thread)

i can be a funny ■■■■ sometimes

p.s. flag this post

p.p.s. lol 15 minutes; can a brother get an email notification or skywriting or something that we’re doing the official Airing Of Grievances

4 Likes

See @6ix has the last post in the thread
Flick through 400 posts of garbage hoping to see a funny 6ix exchange
Find out he’s only made one post right at the end of the thread.

sad times

2 Likes

I just meant that it doesn’t strike me that the conduct in any thread here is particularly egregious, i.e. beyond that seen in a random social interaction at a pub between a couple of people who might not like one another too much. I didn’t mean that I think “bar brawl” should be the base standard.

Good suggestion about the thread though, I might just do that. Sundry Chitchat or French BBV?

1 Like

I was skimming a thread and got a message that I flagged a post. Not sure what post I flagged, I did it unintentionally and I can’t find a record of what post I flagged. So I apologize to whoever’s post I accidentally flagged and please remove the flag if it is hiding a post. Sorry!

1 Like

Are you the same Letsgambool from 22?

That makes sense. Thanks for helping me better understand your POV.

Gosh I am not sure. I otherwise enjoy interacting with you and think a lot of others do, too. I would say Sundry Chitchat because I don’t think you’re doing anything that’s beyond the pale and should never show up on the front page for new visitors.

Yes. I have lurked here for the duration, especially for COVID info. I have waded in some recently although have reduced my social media/message board time for mental sanity/time reasons

9 Likes

I see that some posters are clamoring for a trip report from the dude who travelled internationally to fuck during a pandemic. What a slap in the face to everyone taking it seriously if he’s allowed to crow about his trip with a bunch of people jerking off to his exploits.

So you mean 1 asked?

What’s this about? I haven’t been very active recently, must have missed it.

Add her to the list.

1 Like

tenor (12)

4 Likes

covid thread?

1 Like

Congratulations on figuring out a way to voice your objections in a way that doesn’t get you temp-banned.

Of course, he’s allowed to talk about his trip–right or wrong–but this isn’t some safe space where he’s allowed to do so without criticism, so long as that criticism is done in a reasonably civil manner. We have an entire thread that was split off because one guy wanted to defend going to the gym while everyone else is critical.

Are you arguing that he should be banned for going on his trip? Or that posts about it should be deleted? To what degree should people who you disagree with be allowed to post things that you disagree with?

7 Likes

I’ve been avoiding that thread because we’re lucky enough to be in a pretty good place where I am. It seems to be the root of a lot of drama on here.

Allowed? He’s an owner of the site, as are you. The default is certainly that he’s allowed to post about it. If you want there to be some kind of rule against it, start a thread with a poll with your rule suggestions, because there’s not even a hint of a rule against it right now.

1 Like

I think anyone with a sense of decency should shame him to pieces when he posts about it. I think those with decency should also shame those who are currently jerking off to the idea of hearing about his international sexual exploits during a global pandemic.

And yes, if I were mod I would delete any internationally flying to fuck during Covid trip report that was posted. It’s insulting to those of us taking it seriously.

The only reason he gets a pass and cactus doesn’t Is because he’s friends with y’all from the other site.

Rank hypocrisy all around

People with decency do not weaponize shame. To do so is inhuman and evil.

Opinions vary, of course.

I agree with Watevs on this one (and that is pretty rare).

He expressed his annoyance at the entire situation which we are encouraged to do (in the spirit of community moderation). And any trip report of that type definitely does not belong in the Covid thread or the thread that it was mentioned in tonight.