About Moderation (old original thread)

The fucking problem is, banning people without any process whatsoever. Do you not see why this is a problem?

2 Likes

Like, I get that this is a place for ideologues, which is why I rarely venture out into the fields that is the actual politics forum. But at least practice your fucking ideology.

For some reason I thought you’d stood down as mod?

I did. It just didnt take

This isn’t an adult level comment.

The list of who cares includes you, @-d2_e4, myself, and others. I know this because we’ve all taken the time to post regarding this kind of due process concerns ITT. There have also been other posts, whole threads, and still born RFCs regarding this issue too.

So… people care, you are among us caring people, and if a productive chat is to be had on this issue, I really feel we need to drop this “nobody cares” negative anti-community attitude ASAP.

1 Like

Mod actions should be logged.

We can revisit the topic of due process for permabans. (He hasn’t been perma’ed.)

Kel not being an angel doesn’t justify kneeling on his head.

2 Likes

The problem is that a lot of “good” posters left because of the way you treat the “bad” posters.

1 Like

Yeah, they left because I was too mean to Kelhus. jlawok.gif

No, they left in part because you’re an asshole to a lot of people.

They didn’t leave bc anyone was mean, they left due to the bannings.

As if the bannings are independent from the constant othering? Part of the same campaign.

I think there’s a big difference between the two.

Which posters have I banned?

But it’s part of the lobbying effort for the bans. And it’s objectionable in and of itself and part of the reason why people left imo.

Being an asshole shouldn’t be a bannable offense. Being a bad poster shouldn’t be a bannable offense.

1 Like

Shaming and mocking was part of the most effective technique of converting people to your side for a decade on 2p2. Banning not so much. You should know this better than anyone.

Honestly not sure what you’re talking about, I try to be generally nice to people online. I’m sure I don’t always, but I think I try to. Don’t know what my side is or who I was trying to convert, and to what. Mostly at 2+2 I liked arguing and debating and never had the expectation that I would convince the person I was talking with, that almost never happens. But I shamed and mocked people? I don’t know, maybe, I shouldn’t have if I did.

1 Like

I sent you a PM several weeks ago (under spidercrab account) asking about this - if you want to step down, let me know.

1 Like

Try harder

Oh yeah, please demod me