About Moderation (old original thread)

Really hard to imagine why people wouldn’t want US war crimes to be used as a yardstick.

btw who did you vote for in the early 2000s?

What is the point of these types of posts? Is there some kind of competition for which country has done the most war crimes?

In a debate about current war crimes you don’t think it’s useful for people to agree what a war crime is by using examples from the recent past?

That’s not what that post was doing.

the fact that any faction needs everyone else to agree with them is one of the more befuddling things about this site/community

1 Like

I was wondering out loud why people wouldn’t want such a useful device without which any debate about war crimes is meaningless.

If there can be no agreement on the meaning of a key term because debate around it has been partitioned off you might as well close the thread.

It’s already been answered.

Same reason for MaxCut’s crusade against calling Russian soldiers orcs, and Keeeed’s demands for consistency when talking about Russian war crimes, and JBro’s shtick along those lines yesterday also: to denigrate their forum enemies

1 Like

Yeah it’s pretty funny to see the captains pearl clutch about dehumanizing Russian soldiers and following that up with dehumanizing language towards other posters.

1 Like
3 Likes

When they dehumanize others it’s biting satire.

When a Horseman dehumanizes someone it’s their true, heartfelt, Bush in '04 voting belief.

1 Like

Are you guys doing a bit? You don’t see the difference between insulting an individual idiot and dehumanizing a large group of diverse people?

And some, I assume, are good people.

We have forum rules against one of those things?

Maybe we should permit dehumanizing language, except when aimed at other posters. And we should permit whining about dehumanizing language being aimed at other non-poster human beings.

I’ve been saying this!

Oh man people said mean things to the person purposely saying contrarian nonsense to get people upset? Oh. My. Fucking. God.

I don’t despise you and I don’t cheer on relentless abuse towards you.

What y’all are doing right now:

https://twitter.com/jacksonhinklle/status/1580286023208030209?s=46&t=CoJu_CU_DezSdu8cozgH7w