About Moderation (old original thread)

I don’t see how that post wasn’t clearly the sort of personal attack that’s been consistently moderated ITF.

you’re guilty of crime in the 1st degree! 2nd and 3rd as well!

1 Like

No personal attacks have been “consistently” moderated.

1 Like

Some people have never understood that personal attacks containing profanity and name-calling are consistently moderated while having the skill to attack someone more obliquely gets more attacks through.

It’s always been enforced as a rule about decorum not content, so posters who complain about posts they think are semantically equivalent being moderated differently have always missed the point.

The most consistent way to get away with it is to be playing for the right team.

Victor demanded a permaban with conditions, got those conditions met, and 2 week ban is the cool off period right for that kind of request.

Seems like it all worked out. Glad we could meet victor’s desires.

Maybe you have to work a little harder, but it’s possible to get away with stuff if you try harder.

I know exactly how!

gregogoat

1 Like

I silenced thebayareabeast, for being a serial scammer (based on what a few people reported and a link to 2+2 drama). Not sure if it’s actually him, but figure I’d raise here to see what people want to do. (Could also be impersonator deciding to test new proposed rules about no long bans).

2 Likes

personally I think if he wants to post without being homophobic, abusive, or racist, he could be given a chance, i personally believe that 2p2 thread is kind of vindictive and cruel at this point, i dont really believe him to be a genuine threat to scam anyone in this community.

that thread is 10+ years old crap, afaik he has a small debt left to pay which is why it still remains.

he is and can be a pretty entertaining poster when he’s not completely off the rails

1 Like

I’m one of the people who reported him. I don’t think we need someone with his history here.

And we definitely don’t need anyone pretending to be him here.

1 Like

I totally understand and my post will piss off several of my friends, but I just felt the need to state it publicly given what a key figure I was in that thread’s history and the way people tend to assume things about me that are not true.

He’s also fun when off the rails too

2 Likes

I posted on 2 since 2005 and I have no idea who he is. Do most here even know who he is?

doubt it unless you were in OOT

i see the potential for concern there, but i dont really believe he has any ability or intent to scam anyone, especially given how closely certain people tend to watch the stuff he does. if he was going to, I really think it’d be colossally stupid to use a username like that.

anyway just my 2c

community wise, you’d almost certainly find him intolerable. i find him a bit amusing, but it’s probably not this crowd’s cup of tea unless he’s content to just post in sports and gambling threads.

What are his politics like?

depends on how you feel about tower 7

Does this include welching on bets?