About Moderation (old original thread)

Could you be a bit more specific? Id like to try to do better but not entirely sure I know what im doing wrong

+1

Victor has literally one spiel and he takes it to every single thread in which he participates. It’s not really relevant or welcome in a thread where we’re talking about war crimes and genocide being committed as we speak. He can take that shit to the Trump thread or something.

1 Like

Just the kind of stuff that always happens in war, but it’s alarming to see it in a place that had supposedly learned lessons that are now all forgotten.

I wonder if this community got addicted to hating people and seeing them as subhuman and cheering for their demise. And now this is just the next thing. But the censorship is ramping up, not maintaining the rate during Trump or during Covid (which is now over!!!11) or whatever other events.

Any discussion of context is seen as whataboutism and seen as Russian apologia. It’s actually nerve wracking to watch. You can’t even try to compare this conflict to anything other than blitzkrieg. There’s no intellectual point to any of it. No discussion of the events that led up to this, none of NATO’s or USA’s history of funding hypernationalist right wing paramilitaries and militias throughout Europe, is relevant or allowed. If Russia uses it in propaganda, it has to be false, because nobody has ever used grains of truth in propaganda before.

Nobody is learning anything. Approximately 2.5 posters still, after all this time, have any idea what happened in Ukraine in the 2010s. Everyone thinks there is one united Ukraine that is under attack for voluntarily and democratically choosing to be less friendly to Russia and try to join NATO without any violent influence from the West to subvert Ukranian democracy to change which power they’re more friendly to. There’s no proxy war and positioning of US-funded military on Russia’s border going on that Russia is responding to, and if you point it out, that means you’re excusing Russian atrocities, never mind that a mirrored scenario involves the same kind of invasion by USA. Never mind that this is all following the fucked up rules and expectations that both sides have been following since the beginning of the Cold War. No, there’s only one bad guy.

There can be no blame on anyone other than one race of people. One race of people that must have no mercy. There can be no empathy for any of their soldiers and citizens the way you demand it be given to soldiers and citizens everywhere else. It’s just 24/7 bloodlust that unabated always turns to genocidal aspirations.

That discussion was taking place before, you know, all the bombing of civilians and war crimes and genocide started, which seems to be the more pressing issue right now.

2 Likes

“All of these irrelevant things are said to be irrelevant, I don’t get it?”

How many years ago are you talking

There is little to no rooting for the quickest return to people living their lives. It’s 24/7 bloodlust

You ran off the only poster who was talking from her experience about how people outside the greatest military superpower have very different preferences regarding war and peace

Dude, what are you talking about? I didn’t run off anyone.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how drunk are you right now

Zero.

2 Likes

You also don’t see many people cheering for a grand slam with no runners on base.

1 Like

LOL at quitting a forum but being unable to resist the urge to scold people concerned about war crimes. Welcomed three Ukranian kids into my classroom yesterday, but continue launching condescension grenades from your perch in Wisconsin or wherever.

11 Likes

What happened to Chads? Was an excellent poster for a long time and now he’s decided to go to war with the entire forum.

1 Like

Which were the posts that PC/AQ was moderated for?

He was taunting a poster with like 80 posts in the alcohol use thread with “how drunk are you” asshattery. It’s a whopping 1 day silence.

1 Like

Ah.i saw that, but I didnt know the context. Thank you.

That’s the sort of thing I do when I’m drunk…

So there’s silencing and banning according to the moderator action log.

My guess is that silencing removes your ability to post but you can still lurk while banning restricts you completely. Is that right?

Were the posts deleted? I can’t find them.