About Moderation (old original thread)

That last post of his looks more like he was daring you to punish him with a permaban for doing things you disapprove of.

5 Likes

Showing your biases again, wookie, and making a pigs ear of it.

d2 is Russian.

1 Like

Wrong again goofy boy. D2 self described to me as Russian. I respect his right to do that.

This is exactly the level of debate they should have more of on the floor of the US Senate.

1 Like

d2 and I played many games of chess recently and chatted a lot.

One of the dwindling number of good things here is that people can and often do have multiple identities while being a UK citizen. They arenā€™t expected to relinquish their familial cultural history on a change of citizenship. Surely it canā€™t be any different in the US? I donā€™t expect you to understand this but I did expect you to pretend to.

1 Like

Lol youā€™re being ridiculous again. If someone says to me ā€œactually Iā€™m Russianā€ Iā€™m not going to contradict them even if the correct term would probably be British Russian.

Anyway I see youā€™re not interested in good faith arguments but only slander. Hope tomorrowā€™s a better day for you.

Even if we give him the benefit of the doubt, calling Wookie a Stalinist pig seems worthy of a ban. Add in his recent history of shit posting and while two weeks may be long, I donā€™t think itā€™s totally unwarranted.

I donā€™t really feel like temp-banning five people, and I think itā€™s fair to have a higher threshold in ATF. But I donā€™t think people get to be unrepentant dicks either. So hereā€™s a friendly warning:

Please feel free to criticize modding. Donā€™t be a deliberate asshole about it.
Please feel free to defend modding. Donā€™t be a deliberate asshole about it.
Please donā€™t be so over-eager to imply that people are racist unless you have pretty obvious receipts.

If youā€™ve made a personal attack in the last 12 hours of this thread then Iā€™ll happily temp-ban you for the next one.

8 Likes

This post is tongue in cheek right? Feeling pretty dense this morning so hoping itā€™s a joke because itā€™s a good one.

Yes, itā€™s a joke.

1 Like

Are mods exempt? Wookie seems to be the only troll among us without any hidden posts, again and again.

Giving him two weeks is the protocol. Somehow you didnā€™t find it all that bad when jman was fully permanently banned immediately rather than following this protocol. I wonder why!

Your other posts about this being the purest form of politics? Joke or no? Trying to calibrate my meter.

1 Like

Maybe because jman requested a permanent ban and d2 didnā€™t?

His post was clearly a taunt because he was making a point that he was deliberately posting in a sub-forum that you had permanently excluded him from at the threat of a ban. (Not sure if the threat was escalating bans or a permanent ban.) So perhaps we should be talking about that decision? What authority do mods have to permanently ban somebody from posting in the sub-forum where users question and talk about mods and the site? Have any other users been given such a ban? Do you have an RFC on the record? The only precedent for this kind of mod action is on that shitty site where you learned how to mod like a dictator.

He should be unbanned and the restriction should be lifted.

6 Likes

Kind of a joke, but also true. The bickering we see going on is a form of politics. At its heart, politics is about resolving differences in a group. I think we are mostly all well-meaning here, but have different and conflicting views of what is in the best interests of this forum.

I see a lot of parallels to the ā€œrealā€ world, so I find the ongoing feuding to be fascinating, if sometimes annoying.

3 Likes

Arguing that someone shouldnā€™t be banned with a defense of they were deliberately being an asshole is one way to go about it I suppose.

Yes, behaving just like that! Weird strategy. Letā€™s see how it works out for you.

I guess I could just delete my post and go on my merry way unmoderated like jman did dozens of times, but nah, not going to play like that Ikes.

I tried exiling d2_e4 from AU as an alternative to permanently banning him under the authority of the bad faith rule. Heā€™s an admitted troll of AU, and he posts on Unstuck almost exclusively to stir shit. Since the exile from AU, heā€™s contributed practically nothing except for finding a home in FBBV to continue to stir shit. If his request for a permaban was not made in good faith, as you allege, then Iā€™m not sure why a guy should get a free pass to troll AU and dole out personal attacks.

1 Like

Was this a reference to someoneā€™s historic support of Zimmerman (George, not Robert)?