About Moderation (old original thread)

Really don’t think calling everyone bloodthirsty helps. Or pretending you’re not allowed to post about topics you’re clearly allowed to post about.

I’ve been a fan of your posting in the past, but you’re out of control lately.

1 Like

100% of the time may have been hyperbole, and I haven’t really been in too much of a drinking mood with everything that’s been going on in the world lately. I tend to drink when I’m in a good mood, I’m not a depressive drunk.

2 Likes

Honestly I’ve cut back on my drinking 90% over the past two years and I’ve never felt better. It’s worth trying a few sober months.

I actually take 2-4 dry days a week on average these days. That adds up to a few months over the course of a year :grinning:

3 Likes

My problem is not so much that I can’t stay away from the booze if I’m just sitting around sober, it’s more the quantity I end up consuming once I do break the seal and then breach a certain threshold, often over the course of consecutive days.

1 Like

I silenced AQs new account and sent them a PM to explain. The community voted on the rules regarding alt accounts and non passive behavior. I appreciate AQ keeping his posting in this thread but I still think it’s against the rules. His main account should be unsilenced soon anyway.

2 Likes

This isn’t the rule. If you’re silenced you’re allowed to PM and read the forum, but you’re not supposed to post - even in this thread.

So I’d appreciate if you could wait till tomorrow to post. Thanks.

2 Likes

Pony.

1 Like

Also - @moderators i wasn’t aware of this but I believe if one of us presses ignore on a flag it goes away for everyone. I just thought it passed the action on to another mod. Just a heads up.

2 Likes

I’m sure there have been at least a few cases where some legitimate flags were left unresolved because the first mod that saw the flag ignored it to get rid of the red notification.

I’ve done that numerous times unknowingly. It’s not explained very well anywhere so hopefully everyone sees this.

1 Like

Consistency would be nice.
Instead of silencing or banning what you thought was a Jman sock puppet while Jman was banned, you instead sent him buddy buddy PMs about another poster (Jbro).

Yeah you are probably right. As my tenure lengthens I try to learn from past mistakes and new info to remain consistent. Hence my changing of Church’s ban to a silence.

4 Likes

wait a minute, you’re outing yourself for creating a gimmick that was designed to look like jman and have the stones to complain about that? Bold move.

1 Like

really galling when people are dishonest about their real identities!

sure thing mj

1 Like

lol I had “formerly mjkidd” as my undertitle for like two years, which is why you know that was me. But sure guy.

He’s not your guy, friend.

1 Like

look buddy

1 Like

Yup. Not doing this. Take your bickering elsewhere.