About Moderation (old original thread)

Well sure, but he’s a net benefit to the community.

Well, I can’t really convince you to shed your prejudice and look at what CN has brought to this community, but he has most definitely been a huge asset.

2 Likes

Sure you can. You just type some convincing words into the rectangle and then click ‘reply’. Since you run the place you can even bypass that darn throttle and do it right now if you wanted.

Yes, I know.

I asked you specifically about post #4474. If you want to post some outlandish gibberish unrelated to the actual words I typed, don’t reply to me in the first place.

You see how this is yet another time on the long list of you all making something over nothing, right? I make the post to MrWookie, he ignores me, that’s that. Nobody made you run your mouth after and be unable to follow a simple conversation, and since you all seem to want to harp on that part, fine, you’re not pretending, you got me, you win.

5 Likes

@MrWookie @moderators

Why is my posts being subjected to instant deletion when it was mentioned in the post I posted why I @ at MrWookie instead of reporting what I think is bad post g by CaffeineNeeded?

Whats the intent behind the ban? Everyone agrees he should never be admin or mod again.

Whatever youre view of him, jmakin was a poster who contributed a lot of good content.

And please dont bite back. I dont have a strong view one way or the other.

3 Likes

jmakin is banned, at his own request.

as for gimmicks, perhaps you’d like to contribute to this thread:

As @Vict0ar has said, imagine if he had hacked and published a PM between skydiver, goof baller and wookie. Would you guys be satisfied if vic had self banned for a month, then let him come back and post whenever? Maybe!

9 Likes

You just bought yourself another four hour throttle, mister. You want another one? Say the word, just say the word!

6 Likes
1 Like

You should permaban him for grossly abusing his position of trust as administrator to publicize private correspondence solely for the purpose of stirring up shit. It’s very hard for me to buy that you need an RFC to ban gimmick accounts.

12 Likes

So we can ban someone for “bad posting” but not a person who abused the trust of the entire community? Come on now lol

2 Likes

The pro-ban authoritarian crowd seems to be growing.

4 Likes

Sure seems like an RFC and community vote would settle this.

2 Likes

Ok wookie asked me not to post (despite some pretty hilarious things being made up here about me) but please do not do this, just ban me. Seriously. This is really adversely affecting my health. I have absolutely zero plans to post here anymore, and a poll thread will be more than I can deal with.

Btw marty threatened me via PM, pretty funny leaving that out, you stupid prick.

12 Likes

I’d vote to perma any member threatening another member no matter how unrealizable the threat was.

Quiet or I’ll put a shark in your undies.

4 Likes

Though you need to go away, I understand your version of events as a low stakes version of Eric Snowden. Off to Russia you go, our sweet prince. We will never forget that they insisted on painting the facts as way worse than they were to martyr you.

SenorKeed asked for your assistance with the thread. It’s not like you hacking intimate emails at all.

It’s more like asking a friend asking you to bring ice to his house, you confusingly say sure and show up with the ice. Then when you get there you see a massive party and a bunch of people talking shit about you. Did you react the worst way possible from there? Yes… but give me a break with all the evil hacker/my privacy stuff.

4 Likes

Yes, I too am reminded of uh Eric Snowden when I think of that time an admin violated the privacy of the site’s userbase. It reminds me strongly of how the CIA routinely violates the privacy of private individuals in its attempt to construct a global surveillance panopticon. The bad thing that Edwin Snowward alerted us to.

8 Likes

Hey man,

At the end of the day we’re all a bunch of morons talking nonsense on the internet, and none of that is worth losing your health over. Channel your regrets into learning experiences, be the best person you can, and then carve out the best life possible. Mistakes can dictate our path for a time, but it’s what we choose to do afterward that determines our final destination. I hope your eventual resolution will be a good one, both for yourself and those around you.

3 Likes

Well sure, a lot of things can seem like a lot of things if you don’t “know and understand things”. This is actually why a lot of people think it’s a good idea to try to “know and understand things” and not “not know and understand things”.

There’s an anti-ban anti-authoritarian crowd, but also a some-bans quasi-anti-authoritarian crowd, and a who-cares-about-the-number-just-make-it-fair-and-logical-and-evenly-applied crowd, and even a more-bans-to-accelerate-this-shit-and-show-people-they-really-don’t-want-the-rules-they-think-they-do crowd. I’m in the latter actually and when I’m mod most of you are getting constantly banned. You’d be banned for this post you just made. And then I’d of course welcome arguments about said bans, arguments which you’d all comically lose, and probably get banned again in the process. It’s probably why my modship was not welcomed, which, fair.

Basically, we’re a diverse group and your big takeaway should be (you’re in luck, you get a 2x more-you-know) that it’s good to remember the reality you make up in your head isn’t actual reality. Usually it doesn’t matter, or will be close enough that there’s minimal friction when it does matter, but, it’s still super important to remember that they’re different things.

4 Likes