About Moderation (old original thread)

A part of me is hoping he’s just drunk and that’s a glorious text-to-speech rant for the ages.

1 Like

And Mr. Mantle, do you have anything you’d like to add?

Not really, but I agree with everything Casey said!

agreed

6 Likes

No

Why do you guys have to quote all that shit when replying?

3 Likes
Summary

I hate you all.

2 Likes

these hijinx just highlight what a blessing the “j” key is for navigating posts.

2 Likes

16 Likes

If you hear me say “that’s crazy” twice, please start wrapping up your story

8 Likes

Reads like Lorem Ipsum for a philosophy journal.

Does any mod, especially the one who moved the posts, wish to address this claim?

https://unstuckpolitics.com/t/the-presidency-of-joe-biden-jr/3876/604

So only post one tweet of Biden’s law enforcement committing war crimes against protestors or what?

2 Likes

Two tops, unless someone posts that poem from the inauguration again.

Do we not get any break before we have to be radicalized against this president too?

1 Like

The people getting tear gassed didn’t so you don’t either

2 Likes

Yes, all of this, and also starting a new thread focused on police violence is hardly censorship. As best I can tell, the George Floyd thread flourished better as a separate thread than it would have under the Trump thread. As much as there is an argument for making people see things that may upset their worldview, substantive content like that also gets lost in megathreads.

1 Like

tab, I apologize in advance for this accusation, but I don’t see how this question comes in good faith. I mean if a person really is having trouble reading the room to show kindness to their community, I think what happened in this situation is plenty appropriate.

I would see an issue if Chad had been told he isn’t allowed to say these things. But as I understand it, he not only is free to continue to post the same things as frequently and voluminously as he likes, a dedicated thread was made not to silence that conversation but to provide an environment in which it can thrive.

With the bonus benefit that the other conversation he asked to interrupt can now continue as well.

Seems like a win/win to me??

1 Like

I appreciate moving threads where a real 100+ post segue is commencing but to just move a few posts expressing concern for the current president’s actions (and/or that of their administration) in the president’s thread to its own thread seems like a slippery slope to me. Because I’m sure many posters who would benefit from seeing this will see a separate thread and ignore them for whatever reason (maybe just ceebs reading specific threads vs the Biden megathread) thus undermining the concerns of a segment of posters on this forum. So a win/win for the ‘I don’t wanna be bummed out’ crowd maybe but difficult conversations should be had.

4 Likes

Why dont we just have a separate thread for shitting on biden, and have another for news about his presidency?

It looks like 15 posts by PC before a reply from someone else and a total of 50 posts moved by Wookie.

Many of the posts are Pocketchads just sharing twitter feeds. I found them interesting and relevant to the thread. Look I respect concerns about sniping each other and certainly adversarial posting by posters towards each other may cause a distraction and reduce poster interaction with the site but I still don’t think that merits separate threads on an open forum. I like having a pushing Biden left thread for discussion of progressive policy under this government but I mean what will ultimately go in the Biden megathread if further excising of issues happen? Most of the debate (and potentially bickering and insults) will be around contentious actions by Biden, not super popular EOs.