About Andor, and lesser Star Wars things

I just wish George would see what he looks like if he shaved his–

Unstuck tells me I talk about Star Wars too much and should STFU to let other people post :+1:

1 Like

Lucas, Shonda Rhimes, Roberto Benigni, Guy Ritchie.
Not terrible company (plus Neil Cuthbert ?who?)

Lol there’s always a fan

Shonda Rhimes can do no wrong, agreed there.

Guy Ritchie has made approximately one good movie so far. I wouldn’t trust him with my grocery list.

I figure if one is in show business and I’ve heard of them, they must be doing pretty well.

My kids were the perfect age when it came out and we got the video game so it’s probably more that nostalgia than anything else.

After much consideration, I want our 2021 Watch Party schedule to begin with a Star Wars marathon. We’ll watch a new one every Friday at 9PM EST.

Suggestions for the watch order? Chronological feels silly and lazy at this point. Let’s watch it in a way that makes the whole experience new and meaningful.

Down for this order but am open to alternate suggestions. I’m not 100% against chronological. It’s been ages since I gave them a shot like that, and definitely not with Rise of Skywalker to close out the Skywalker saga.

I’d also love to watch some of the more unique fan film offerings with y’all.

To me, Building Empire (free on Vimeo through that link) is the top choice way to watch The Empire Strikes Back. This fan-made documentary perfectly layers the documentary elements ON TOP OF THE MOVIE so that your experience is infinitely enhanced.

It’s hard to explain just how marvelous the production of the whole thing is. It’s immersive and joyful for even the most distant Star Wars fan.

Unless there is objection, I suggest we watch this version in the marathon instead of the original Empire.

There is another version that’s much more expansive and trivia-laden for A New Hope, but I have only returned to that one a couple of times just because I don’t like A New Hope nearly as much as Empire. We could also watch that though instead of the original A New Hope.

Not sure about the order but would recommend R1 and the animated Clone Wars movie to be included

1 Like

Rifftrax has a Rogue One commentary track out.

1 Like

:+1:

I’ve never seen but bits and pieces of the cartoons. Would be fun to at least have a watchalong thread for those like the X-Files thread.

1 Like

I think the optimal watch order is

Star Wars
Empire strikes back
Return of the Jedi

2 Likes

Just checking out some of the Star Wars stuff that’s acclaimed but I never gave a chance. I am down for any live-action version of something like this.

“I’m not afraid of you.”

“Then you’ll die braver than most.”

“Revenge is not the way of the Jedi.”

“I’m not a Jedi.”

Pretty cool at 3:14 when she knocks off a chunk of his mask, revealing his burned face and original Anakin voice underneath.

The original introduction to Jabba’s Palace had one brief scene before the droids go to meet their fate at the front door.

I thoroughly enjoyed Clone Wars and Rebels. Must watch for any fan of the SW greater universe.

1 Like

I like the idea of

IV, V, II, III, VI, VII, VIII, IX

Though Rogue One should be there be between III and IV, and would happily snap give up II

1 Like

I think that’s a great order.

Yep, we are skipping II. LOL at ever watching Attack of the Clones again.

I say let’s START with Rogue One. It will add the appropriate gravity and momentum to IV.

Love skipping back to Anakin turning into Darth Vader as soon as we find out Vader’s true identity at the end of Empire.

Then we are good to go through the rest of the movies.

But maybe watch the finale to Mandalorian S2 just before TFA?

If it hasn’t happened already, at some point someone is going to cut together a series that includes the whole canon. Cut together I,II,III and clone wars, rebels, mandalorian, all the movies. It may be 20 years from now, but some obsessive nerd is going to make it his life’s work.

People are already doing this every time a new property gets released. I got out of the fanedit torrent game a long time ago but frequently think of dipping back into these. Some of them take great movies and make them perfect. Others take terrible movies (that ruined a great premise) and somehow make them good.

https://www.fanedit.org/

I assume it’s unlikely Topher Grace’s cut is ever gonna leak and be seen publicly?

I thought the torrent was widely available? But that’s just grapevine chatter. I never looked for it myself.

Did you see his trailer Star Wars: Always? Posted above.