2024 US Presidential Election (Taylor's Version)

IL party machine looking to get their beaks wet.

https://x.com/sbg1/status/1815100175192400057?t=-ArizWKbhTsLhPaqMFMTYQ&s=19

3 Likes

5 Likes

She’s been my favorite Shorts creator for a long time

4 Likes

I’m thinking this probably has less to do with guts and more to do with how, relative to other potential candidates, Trump is/was immensely popular with the base and Biden is/was immensely unpopular.

2 Likes

Hey you’re not allowed to do that!!

When the campaign commissioned new battleground polling over the last week, it was the first time they had done surveys in some key states in more than two months, according to two people familiar with the surveys.

What the fuck at bolded??!?

1 Like

God damn this was funny.

(see below)

Yes.

COMPLEX QUESTION FALLACY ALERT!!

To keep the conversation moving, I won’t request that you rephrase your question in a non-fallacious manner. I’ll just say that I believe that a unique human life exists at conception.

Mission Accomplished! (To coin a phrase.)

It is certainly true that once the unborn baby is slaughtered in the womb it won’t live a life of poverty. However, it is also true that the the human life killed in the womb also won’t have an opportunity to experience love, to write poetry, sing, play chess, get married, find a cure for cancer, or become a serial killer. I’m not sure that line of argument helps either side of the debate.

I actually think this a legit criticism of the GOP. We Republicans need to read (or re-read) Marvin Olafsky’s classic book Compassionate Conservatism.

Nancy Mace endorses Kamala for President

2 Likes

I feel weirdly optimistic about the Kamala campaign. It feels like expectations are set appropriately low, which is a difficult thing to achieve. Look at Trump. It’s not news when he lies, or tries to cheat on something, or doesn’t know something, because he early on set expectations that that’s just how he will behave. It feels like the opening expectations for Kamala are set at “speak in coherent sentences and don’t shit your pants onstage”, which is a good place to be starting from.

5 Likes

3 Likes

hahaha the cope

love it

they’re gonna just cry about JOE BIDEN OLD all the way to november

Agree with this, I think the main risk is that the positive energy peaks too early and tapers out by the election. What matters is the optimism and turnout on election day, not July 22.

1 Like

My take is that right now it’s the base that’s energized, and probably the more engaged part of the base. But that’s what they will need to get the campaign going and work on getting out the vote and building a coalition.

3 Likes

You are the 8%!

3 Likes

https://x.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1815356470029869298?t=QyxcJjgOj4KDtySLC7jApA&s=19

2 Likes

I know right?

Watching two of the Kamala vids posted ITF before Joe’s decision, I was actually excited for the US to nominate someone like that. I think one of them was the one with her sister where they were laughing and behaving like normal human beings with a regular sense of humor (“sister general vice president!!” → cue laughter), the very antithesis to Trump. The other she went HAM on abortion vs Trump/GOP in a completely normal way.

It shouldn’t be enough to get excited about a candidate. But it was.

3 Likes

I hope she continues to feel like an actual human and not go down the Hillary route where it feels like every next word she speaks was coming from an algorithm that A-B tested the electorate and she says the one that polled slightly better.

5 Likes