2024 NFL Gameday Thread

Tua the only 300 yd passer so far this week. I think the trend has been for all of these teams to sit in no-home-runs coverages for a while now and maybe we’re at peak levels of that, especially given how many backs are suddenly having success. There are six 100-yd rushers and four of those went for 120+.

3 Likes

You would think teams would be slinging it all over the field given how shielded the QB is these days.Maybe it’s just a function of the fact that there’s like 4.5 nfl qbs who are actually good.

I’m kind of nitting it up here, but you can’t pay everyone the minimum, because just like a salary cap, there is a salary floor. If you pay everyone the minimum possible, you won’t hit it.

The rules make it that you have to pay someone. Doesn’t have to be rub-n-tug, but it has to be some people.

I’d think more offenses would start building for power rushing attacks given that all of these teams are spending insane money on edge rushers and corners. How many elite run stoppers can you name compared to primary rushers and secondary players? Check out that Texans / Colts film if you get a chance. Colts actually had a great rush going and put Stroud under a ton of pressure, so they started feeding Mixon who went 30 for 159 (5.3 ypc). It’s the same Joe Mixon who looked washed and was released by the Bengals.

I almost included an asterisk to explain this because I figured someone might nit it, but “the minimum” is the salary floor and whatever it takes to get there, not the individual player league minimum. And without deep diving the rules I’d guess there are ways to circumvent the cap to go under and avoid paying just as much as there are ways to circumvent it to effectively go over.

I’m glad that the period where SNF shoved the Joan Jett remix out of the way in favor of something much worse was merely a phase that came and went.

1 Like

Wait, did Jon Bois invent two super fun stats that are still being used today?

I missed the intro, what did Carrie Underwood sing?

It was the “I Hate Myself for Loving You” with different lyrics thing again.

https://x.com/DrawPlayDave/status/1832956878927843604?t=4QGrMYGb38y51x8qm6mqXQ&s=19

1 Like

Let’s go Lions

It’s is effing weird to be one of the favored teams. Feels like I’m being punked.

This feels like the same Lions I have followed for 40 years. Grasping defeat from the jaws of victory. Get up 14 and choke away.

1 Like

loins will not get the ball back, lolcampbell

never mind these idiots are throwing

LOL don’t get out of bounds dummy

1 Like

mcvay masterfully preserving detroit’s timeouts

2 Likes

coach we got a 1k yd rusher, a 3-point lead and they have all of their timeouts, what’s the call?

‘throw literally every down and run oob’

I’m not sure the play isn’t to kick it in the zone and make the Rams waste a valuable 4-5 seconds.

Dude, you gotta catch that.

“that was some kind of near interception” -chris