2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

https://twitter.com/KaoticLeftist/status/1750210472660394129

1 Like

https://x.com/StatisticUrban/status/1750413690841510143?s=20

1 Like

Was bodyboarding in San Diego today with only 2 other people when a smuggling boat carrying 15 people landed on the beach like 50 yards from us, everyone got out and ran away in 30 seconds. It was high tide with super sketchy conditions I’m glad they didn’t crash I might have had to save some people. A lifeguard truck showed up as they were landing so they must have spotted them from far out, but not a whole lot else happened besides a coast guard helicopter showing up and just hovering around for a few minutes before leaving. Everyone went back to what they were doing, walking their dogs, talking to neighbors, almost immediately.

3 Likes

Is the boat up for grabs at that point?

3 Likes

Oh ya, go ahead and hop right in there and take off, I see no problems

IMG_8573

3 Likes

Mmmm…

Where in SD?

I don’t understand the thinking here. That boat has got to be worth more than the fees. Wouldn’t the play be a drop off and then speed away? Or was the coastguard on them?

7 Likes

Maybe they weren’t expecting rough waters and had to abort mission and abandon the boat.

the vietnamese versions of this stuff they put on bahn mi is chef’s kiss imo

Missing the old Oscar Mayer classic: cotto salami

1 Like

I don’t see my favorite of this type of food, pimento loaf.

Listening to armchair expert and just heard the most insane stat I’m embarrassed I didn’t know.

Of the 12.7 million Africans captured into slavery only 400,000 ended up in America.

The rest in the Caribbean and South America. Slavery was about sugar, not cotton

Just crazy.

4 Likes

UN

2 Likes

Meat Clown >>> Clown Meat

1 Like

Coast guard helicopter showed up 15 minutes later, hovered overhead for a while and then left. Couple more lifeguard trucks and a few cop cars showed up but there wasn’t anything to do.

Yeah kind weird they’d used such a nice boat. Like Bruce said maybe they had to ditch it.

This isn’t even the first time I’ve seen something like this happen. Couple years ago showed up to a beach in Del Mar 15 minutes after a landing, my friends mom was on the news because it happened right in front of their house.

1 Like

Slavery was especially brutal in the Caribbean because there were no restrictions on importing slaves like there was in the US in the early 1800s. So there was more economic incentive to just work them to death and import new ones.

1 Like

https://www.wsj.com/business/hospitality/120-000-cash-and-vip-access-how-a-bookie-brought-down-a-las-vegas-executive-cd7fdce3?mod=mhp

1 Like

He approved Nix as a guest for complimentary, company-sponsored weekend trips, known as “Undercover Weekends,” a reference to Sibella’s appearance on the reality TV show “Undercover Boss” years earlier, according to court documents.

The podcast said the average lifespan of a slave in the Caribbean was 7 years. They would just replace them like batteries. Insanity.