2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Yeah, I appreciate that it can be a bit difficult, but like econophile, I think you can find someone with a bit of effort.

Alternatively, there are lots of online services that do contract review. They probably won’t even use AI to do it. If you strike out, I guess you could always do that.

I should also say that I have a 2/2 success rate with the approach that failed econ. That is, call someone for legal work, they say they can’t do it, then they offer me a referral to someone who can and that person ends up doing it.

In both my cases, the reason they first firm couldn’t do it was that they had a conflict of interest, which is different from the problem you are running into. So, my experience may not apply.

I’m not an attorney but I did stay a Holiday Inn Express last night (I do a lot of contract/agreement/deal review, negotiations etc). The problem with “hey, can you just take a quick look at this?” is that if there are issues it’s going to become more involved. And really there are always some issues, it’s just a question of how big they are, how motivated everybody is, etc. As a professional, it’s really hard for me to take a “light” look at something - I’m either doing my job, which is a careful examination, or I’m not. And from a liability standpoint if an attorney says “yeah no huge red flags” and then something happens, they’re justifiably worried it will come back and bite them in the ass.

7 Likes

The best approach is probably just to read it closely yourself. If it’s unfair or has major loopholes for them, it’s usually evident. Then you just exit the deal rather than fixing the contract.

1 Like

I thought the market for lawbros isn’t that great. Surely there is someone for whom this job wouldn’t be too small.

It sounds like tilted would pay for thorough review and dealing with any issues that arise. It just seems like even that would be a small job that many would not find worth their time. But I’d be surprised if there were no one. Maybe that’s just the way things are in his neck of the woods.

So looks like France is narrowly avoiding a Nazi takeover?

1 Like

Meanwhile, this is what they call freedom in the Netherlands.

2 Likes

He’s still allowed to father them the old-fashioned way, right?

Man makes wrong turn and a Karen decides to be a Karen. Man reacts in the best way possible

https://www.reddit.com/r/TikTokCringe/s/RYUNM8zdQl

How would chatgpt do with a contract like that? I have to guess pretty well

Right and a short contract isn’t necessarily a lot less work. Because you might need to think of all the ways the party you are advising is not protected by the contract. It’s not just about what’s in there but also the nature of the deal and what’s not in there.

:vince1:

I’m completely unaware how this system works in the US, let alone the Netherlands, so I’ll refrain from too much speculation. But… I’m surprised he was selected so many times to be the donor. I can understand he deceived many families, but he still was the choice. Doesn’t look much like a gigachad in the photo.

Vaxed?

1 Like

My favourite quote of all time

“Every dead body on Everest was once a very motivated person”

Which works in all sorts of ways.

That article had this quote

"“I know my body and when to call it quits.”

And with this they can go get fucked

1 Like

ChatGPT also pretty good at basic law.

not even 1/2 way through, but i definitely wasn’t picturing one of the women who died like this :astonished::

1 Like

Scarlett, 23, alleges that Gaiman sexually assaulted her within hours of their first meeting in February 2022 in a bath at his New Zealand residence, where she worked as a nanny to his child. Tortoise understands that Gaiman’s account is that they only “cuddled” and “made out” in the bath and that he had established consent for this. His position is that, over the three-week sexual relationship that followed, they only ever engaged in consensual digital penetration.

Scarlett alleges that within this otherwise consensual relationship Gaiman engaged in rough and degrading penetrative sexual acts with her. Tortoise has seen contemporaneous messages, notes, and spoken to friends who Scarlett talked to at the time, which supports her allegations.

The second woman, K, was 18 when she met Gaiman at a book signing in Sarasota, Florida in 2003. She began a romantic relationship with him when she turned 20, and Gaiman was in his mid-40s, but alleges that she submitted to rough and painful sex that “she neither wanted nor enjoyed.” In one incident she alleges Gaiman penetrated her despite her asking him not to as she was suffering from a painful infection. Gaiman’s position is that he denies any unlawful behaviour with K and is disturbed by her allegations.

Tortoise understands that he believes K’s allegations are motivated by her regret over their relationship and that Scarlett was suffering from a condition associated with false memories at the time of her relationship with him, a claim which is not supported by her medical records and medical history.

WTF at claiming she had a condition associated with false memories.

Old powerful men, please leave young women alone.

2 Likes

“legendary sherpa dies clipped to an instagram model who refused to wait out a blizzard bc she fell behind in her race to be the 1st american woman to summit the world’s tallest mountains” :pensive:

cool story, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Yeah I imagine it’s rough for a Nepali guide to turn back when their client refuses to.

If the client presses on and dies, maybe the guide could have helped them stay out of trouble.

If the client presses on and lives, then the guide was just being a recalcitrant wuss.

Either way, I imagine it’s not very good for future job prospects for the guide.