2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

I don’t think we can know enough about other people and what they are going through to be able to say anything about their work/life balance other than say that isn’t for me…

Has to be 90%+ to be divorced within 3 years.

1 Like

As to what Thoughtly does, I was going to try to guess some useless soul-sucking crap that no one asked for. But they I figured I’d just google it, because whatever I came up with couldn’t match the real thing.

Of course. God forbid a client have to wait another week to fire all their call center people and customers wait another week to get even worse support than they’re getting now.

4 Likes

maybe they have an understanding.

2 Likes

I just hoping the photo is staged for a laugh. Probably isn’t, though.

Someone go break the tie between Croque Madame and Croque Monsieur.

I would have gone with “Voicely”.

1 Like

They are all Russian spies too.

Send him a copy of Noah Smit’s latest column about how the GOP is a weak party where all the old leaders have been pushed aside.

1 Like

Physicists are big mad. Women also unhappy.

https://x.com/NobelPrize/status/1843589140455272810

Woman physicist: In 1985 he [Hinton] published a paper about this, titled "How I Plan to Screw Over Physicists by Winning Their Nobel Prize”.

Nice, Hinton deserves the Nobel. Gonna be a lot of spicy takes.

1 Like

Calling machine learning physics seems dubious at best. Give them the Fields Medal or something.

Well, if the real physicists would get off their butts and solve some shit or find some aliens we wouldn’t have to give their prize to computer scientists.

2 Likes

1 Like

I 'm sure the new types of scams and IP thievery this AI discovery will empower will be very exciting.

1 Like

WWII propaganda was wild.

5 Likes

LA people: I have a few Waymo invites if anybody wants one. Waymo only covers this area for now:

Eggs >>>>>>>> no eggs every fucking day

1 Like

The only part of LA that matters. I’m not sure if people even live in those grey areas.

2 Likes

Amazing how transit in LA avoids the airport.