2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

IMG_1207

In my dorm, if you lived very far down the hall, you better go to the lobby to get your order. Otherwise it wouldn’t make it to you. At least back in the day it was cash on delivery so you didn’t lose anything other than not getting your pizza. The poachers had to pony up their own money.

1 Like

At my college, there was a nearby Thai place that sold a clamshell of just about every dish for $5, and free delivery to your door (our dorms had doors to the outside) on orders of $10 or more. I ate a whole lot of their phad khi mao, and I probably should have eaten more.

A nice NYT about a crossing guard’s obituary

1 Like

https://twitter.com/josheidelson/status/1781510531884458447?t=0LyUWx7mo3sl6Eau4vM49w&s=19

:fireworks:

5 Likes

Pretty awesome, Mercedes here in Alabama scheduled their election for mid May, this is a good sign for that

Did all of the foreign auto brands build assembly plants in the south because they figured unions wouldn’t take root?

Probably partly that but partly lower prevailing wages, land costs, and tax deals with local governments as well

1 Like

Ok I just saw a personalized California license plate that was something like

OBMALVR

I wish I had time to snap a picture. It was a white Lexus SUV. Props to whoever is crazy enough to do that to their car

Zero idea what that is suppose to mean, Obama liver?

I think it’s “lover” lol

2 Likes

Yup “Obama Lover” and then they had bumper stickers of an American flag and Obama/Biden campaign.

The ultimate educated upper middle class suburban mom voter. We found them.

1 Like

might be a throwback to the lyrics of City Bitch

And that’s ok!

[responding g to Mr Un]

The most surprising thing I’ve learned today is that this video has 500M views.

3 Likes

I’m surprised it’s not 5 billion. Undeniable jam and I hate disco.

3 Likes

It’s definitely the apex of something.

People sometimes do like best video under 1k or 10k views. I think most surprising over 500M would be interesting.

My kids watched this over and over and used to sing it - years ago when they were kids.

Hey what do y’all think about the economy

1 Like

I think we talked about this last year. Boney M was borderline unheard of in the USA, and they were huge in the rest of the world. Think the example I used last time was that “Rasputin” was about as big here in Canada as “Barbie Girl” by Aqua was.

Yeah Boney M was a shock to me the last time Boney M was talked about here

So one thing I have learned of this past week…

UK UPers…

WTF Mr Blobby???