2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

How did this play out? I tried to find the results but no luck. I think the nut might have won but I can’t find confirmation.

As expected, Neda (the non crazy) has had the edge in mail-in ballots. She has steadily made up ground and as of yesterday’s count is up around 200 votes. It’s not over yet, but it’s looking good. You can imagine how the lunatics are reacting.

4 Likes

Well, that’s good news but sad it’s such a close race.

If they are going to complain about rigging, they I fully support yessaian’s comment from the 3rd screenshot…

“Beautifully rigged. Not voting anymore”.

More of this, please.

1 Like

True, but Aneta was somewhat under the radar. I do believe that a solid portion of her voters didn’t really know the deal. In the other race where the particulars were better known we did better.

I absolutely HATE the cultural element of this. Many people are trying to turn this into Armenian vs. non-Armenian which is 1) not true and 2) disgusting.

1 Like

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Local elections

Ya it’s almost certainly just variance.

https://twitter.com/ChuckGrassley/status/1768679411111317594?t=IhE6bM86zVwAIDxoNO__7A&s=19
Only america should be able to do this

3 Likes

If the Chinese get their hands on my taste for narrated animal videos we will be in some serious danger.

2 Likes

Do you want creepy-ass Chinese communist party members watching your teenager’s tik tok dances? Only decent upright Americans like Steve Mnuchin should be watching those.

3 Likes

https://x.com/cohenluc/status/1768715698698604767?s=20

Yglesias got played so hard by this dude

2 Likes

Either way, we’re seeing serious problems. I don’t see how Boeing’s CEO survives this mess.

Edit: To clarify, I mean problems underlying this rash of incidents.

1 Like

Boeing’s issue isnt variance. It’s failure of qa/qc and management. Untied’s seems like variance until there is evidence to the contrary.

1 Like

lol @ “come out as a Republican” buddy, that’s like when Liberace came out as being gay.

2 Likes

Re: #12 I think/hope Matt Levine is too smart to get pulled into this bullshit. As for #11, I wish I could say the same for Michael Lewis.

2 Likes

Is anyone still living under the illusion that their personal data is secure & protected?

1 Like

16 Likes

“They know we cant prove it”

Funny how that works, isnt it.

Thanks Grammarly, I’m ok.

3 Likes