2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

At the end of the game, Bradbury needs to know a penalty is much much worse than giving up a TD. He absolutely shouldn’t be daring the refs to throw a flag by getting grabby.

Chiefs did the same dumb shit against Cincy in the regular season last year and Cincy was able to run out the clock and kick a FG from the 1 yard line.

Holy mischaracterizafion, Batman

Key words regular season…. Take your win and refrain from commenting on the gift.

Great. So we agree that players have an expectation of getting away with more in the postseason. But my point is that wasn’t the spot to try to get away with more. A penalty was much worse than a TD. Coaches should have been in their ears about that.

FWIW I call this daring the refs to throw a flag. He stopped JuJu’s momentum and forced him to restart again. It’s textbook defensive holding. The only argument is that sometimes they don’t call it, which is true.

And to top it all off, the player himself admitted it was a hold, and he was hoping the refs wouldn’t call it. You guys are the ones out in left field on this one.

2 Likes

Now imagine being a Lions fan…

Lots of Eagles commentators talking about how the turf made it difficult. Not that much pressure on either QB all game.

No idea but same for both teams.

Well I guess the penalized player agrees with me.

I definitely noticed a lot of slipping

Wonder if the condition was intentional. Baseball groundskeepers are known for adjusting field conditions to suit the strengths of the home team.

Yeah that’s probably right. Looked like the CIN @ BUF snow game. No traction = no pass rush, no defense. Just an abomination of a game. The Super Bowl has felt small for a while now.

Yeah, that was weird and anticlimactic. Given the time left, they should have at least tried to run a quick out for 8-10 yards and then thrown the HM (or going back to the kickoff, Gainwell should have taken as many yards as he could get, he looked to still have a nice cushion when he did give himself up, and there was no chance the clock was gonna run out on him by the time he ran out of room. Tough to judge in real time, I know).

Bradberry is being humble and accepting defeat like a man. Pathetic to use that as evidence against him.

3 Likes

Bradberry is an untenable position: he either accepts it (which he did) and basically admits it was fair, or he denies it (comes off as sore loser), or adopts a wishy-washy middle ground (passive aggressive and just comes off like a polite denial).

He definitely selected the correct response (regardless of whether it was a foul that should have been called).

1 Like

Maybe correct in sports, but an important reminder of why we never admit to anything in front of our referees in blue.

That’s the exact same Eagles CB grabbing the exact same WR on a crucial 3rd down play and getting away with it.

Fool me once…. try to fool me twice and your fans look silly when they complain.

Mahomes didn’t touch the ball for 11 game time minutes after the refs missed Bradberry’s first strategic cheating grab. Tbh, it’s probably a Chief’s blowout if refs just get that call right.

How many defensive holdings were called in the game?

My only point was that this wasn’t the spot to do any grabbing at all, given that a penalty was much much worse than a TD in that spot. Coaches should have been in their ears about that.

What the hell? Link has video: Jomboy Media on Instagram: "Things are just getting started in Philly (via @barstoolphilly)"

I don’t understand this logic.

It was 3rd and 8 at the 15. If you get beat, then the WR is probably looking to sit down at the five (like McKinnon sliding down). You’re not holding to deny the TD; you’re holding to deny the conversion.