2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

Congrats @suzzer99. I think that for his body of work the last 5 yrs, Mahomes is probably due 2 Sklansky superbowls. Last one required a bit of rungood, and this one required even more than that. But if I block that out, Chefs shipping 2/5 seems about right.

2 Likes

Refs back the stripes more than police unions back the blue.

1 Like

Also. It’s a high leverage 3rd down. They were LOOKING to make a call.

3 Likes

This might be worse than the Seahawks-Steelers Super Bowl.

2 Likes

Lol final play come on at least make it fun.

Holding call sucked. Shouldn’t be a penalty but I feel like NFL refs call it 50/50. Whenever the receiver slips on contact, they flag it.

Least deserving SB champs ever

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/JoePompliano/status/1624815283973005314

1 Like

Just another huge game where the story is everything except the game.

1 Like

If they called defensive holding that lightly in the SF-KC Super Bowl, Jimmy G would be a 3 time Super Bowl champ.

2 Likes

I had money on KC against a friend and I still got kind of mad at the holding call lol. Like come on.

1 Like

Ah, well, I was entertained.

But that’s what happened? Db grabbed the jersey on the brake. It wasn’t for the hand on the hip.

Yeah, I preferred KC as well (although Kelce was purely classless in his interview) but I didn’t have skin in the game either way, so didn’t care all that much. That call just makes the outcome a foregone conclusion.

How many penalties did they call second half. 1?

Bengals game was even more rigged!

Kelce a world class tool

3 Likes

What did this refer to…??

I feel sort of cheated that the teaser for this was in fact a teaser for a fucking app instead of a sequel, but the full ad is about as long as a sequel needed to be.

There was a brief period where a new TV series was in the works, but it starred Dash (in a s1 arc trying to find a now-missing Cher), and I couldn’t help but suspect that it was canceled in part because Dash couldn’t let go of her affinity for conservative causes, eg voting for Trump in 2016.

The Clueless update was described as “a baby pink and bisexual blue-tinted, tiny sunglasses-wearing, oat milk latte and Adderall-fueled look at what happens when queen bee Cher disappears and her lifelong No. 2 Dionne steps into Cher’s vacant Air Jordans. How does Dionne deal with the pressures of being the new most popular girl in school, while also unraveling the mystery of what happened to her best friend?”

Nice to see the purple M&M is back.

I think that one was worse on balance. However, that last flag was probably the worst SB call ever.

1 Like

Which one?