2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

last 30 seconds of the steelers half:

-pickett scramble to the 38, reaching out for a first down as he goes out of bounds, ruled just short.

-review. he reaches out for the first down, first down.

-but wait, re-review: the ball actually pops out of his arm as he’s going out of bounds.

-ruling: first down. but, 10 second runoff since he technically fumbled it forward out of bounds during the last 2 minutes of the half. clock goes from :28 to :18

-jags blow up screen play, slam pickett into the ground, he leaves for the locker room holding his shoulder.

-trubisky scrambles for his life, loads up and flings it downfield about 5 yards short of where he needed to fling it.

-line up, kick 56-yard fg, good.

-not good, penalty. guard lined up over the ball.

-kick 61 yard fg, not good. lolstealers

1 Like

If you aren’t watching Jets Giants you’re missing an all time classic. 15 first half punts and Danny DeVito’s grandson is now the starting QB for the Giants

4 Likes

Almost tempted to switch over

1 Like

tommy devito’s in the NFL?

Mac is unfathomably bad. He had Parker open for the 1st and Pop open for the TD and he just takes a sack.

Cowboys trying to choke this game away

halftime and the Jets have 20 rushing yards, the Giants have -8 net passing yards

at least tommy devito is the most NY/NJ name possible like the most likely name if they just plucked him out of the stands

and he grew up 10 miles from the stadium? Yeah I can believe that.

Uncalled blatant helmet to helmet now. Nevermind the fact the Pats got flagged for helmet to helmet in the first dolphins game because Waddle ducked into the defender who was already in the air.

I wish the refs would save this pro-Miami refball for a game that mattered.

… this is just a joke.

These Oilers throwback unis really take me back.

If you intercept the ball near your own endzone, then take some backward steps and get tackled in the endzone, is that supposed to be a touchback? I thought it should be a safety.

There is some rule about if your momentum carries you in, then touchback. If you intentionally run backwards, then it’s a safety. I have observed that they generally give the inteceptor the benefit of the doubt in these cases and it will be a touchback unless he very blatantly and intentionally runs back. Any sort of falling, jumping, rolling will be a touchback for sure. Normally they’ll also allow a few steps if it’s in stride.

2 Likes

the giants have been in run/run/run/punt mode this entire half, devito probably isn’t going to complete a pass unless they are behind

wild game of awful here

trubisky threw a TD pass

1 Like

Thought cowboys got to 50 on 88 yard punt return but HOLDING. (Was legit call)

Gonna be hilarious when Miami blows this despite all the refball.

Paramount+ not on my streaming rotation atm, was tempted to hit up a month for jets giants but ultimately didn’t, bullet dodged, seems horrific just following play by play on ESPN.

that didn’t look great for kirk cousins may be out for awhile