2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

It’s not a crack house. It’s a crack mansion.

2 Likes

Maybe she was going for this and Americanized it:

Lol, about 5 football fields from my old house.

Housing is definitely an area where CA is nowhere near GOAT unless you already own a home.

1 Like

caruso

3 Likes

Barber shop poles are weird. It’s such a specific symbol that in and of itself has nothing to do with the business it represents. If it was a scissors, then sure, that makes sense, but it’s been around so long that we automatically know what it stands for.

2 Likes

Didn’t barbers used to be doctors? Doesn’t explain the pole but I think they often did doctor stuff a long time ago.

“I really like cutting people, but I hate blood.”

1 Like

Kinda yea

1 Like

Now, do barber poles in South Korea.

Shave and a haircut, no legs.

1 Like

dunno man would you rather see the swirly colors on a pole or a giant pair of scissors

Come to my barbershop we’re gonna cut you up not exactly appealing.

Oh, not saying it’s bad. It just randomly occurred to me as such an odd symbol.

T Swift is billionaire per Bloomberg

1 Like

$110 million - current value of 5 personal properties

:nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

Obscene

1 Like

mr.beast edits the results to his videos for better content/clicks

I know you’re all shocked

like what would be an example?

The main story for this is coming out now on twitter, but he had a bunch of content creators play hide and seek, and the aired video didn’t have the same results as what actually happened.

since he’s making content, it’s pretty standard, he needs engagement and things that are not boring, so they’re gonna tweak things ie, if they have team A vs B but it’s a blowout for one team they’re gonna adjust rules so B can make a come back. Or simply the better creator gets a little higher spot because that’s better for clicks.

Im curious how this runs into game show rules that were established after the 21 scandal. My guess is that it falls under the same immunity that reality shows have where editing and production can influence the outcomes, but I know that during the credits of gameshows there are disclaimers about editing for time and content but that it does NOT affect the outcome of the game.

Since Mr. Beast gives away prizes/money during these videos, Im sure its a pretty huge legal gray area, unless he gives the actual winner and the edited winner the prize (which seems like something he would be able and willing to do)

Meta lets you work from overseas?