2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

After a stunning breakthrough at a top research laboratory, scientists now estimate that fusion is only 19 years away.

Tell that to Herbie Hancock.

4 Likes

Which is why you should order it in off-peak hours. They have to make it fresh.

Also get a double filet-o-fish. It’s not one the menu but they’ll make it. And it’s always fresh.

1 Like

Discussion on this in the science and technology thread.

1 Like

Why do you think that?

Do you think emissions per person are distributed equally?

Do you think emissions per person are higher or lower in high population density parts of a country?

The double FoF is often a regular menu item in Canada. I’ve seen it as a limited time special on the west coast but rarely if ever in the northeast.

Whether India and China have emitted much in the past or currently emit much per capita I would expect their emissions to increase significantly as they continue to develop. I would expect that if US could drastically cut emissions in 10 years (not possible) that the total emissions will be significantly higher.

1 Like

A little bit of data to the discussion.

Another view is where emmissions are “consumed”. I.e. end use of imports/exports. The interactive map below has an option to see this

https://www.carbonmap.org/#Poverty

The US’s role should be to help China and especially other developing countries continue to develop without increasing emissions. That’s why focus of COP is so much on climate finance.

And also. The US is still the second largest total emitter and will continue to be so for a while.

Regarding whether it’s possible in the US. It absolutely should be, and similar developed countries outside of the US are going to show this in the next 5 to 10 years.

Seems the world has a new nuclear power to contend with

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1602343176387321856?s=20&t=oYO9Kb2MZqCPnqX7euMWYg

6 Likes

uh big if true

2 Likes

Based on the plot of The Dark Knight Rises, Christopher Nolan may not be a reliable source on how nuclear bombs work.

11 Likes

Filet o Fish GOAT. Order with double sauce to get it fresh every time, plus that tartar is amazing. If you’re going to get a double make sure to get double sauce/double cheese (lol that the double still only comes with half a cheese slice!). Also be very careful with your first bite because the double can sometimes solve the fusion/energy problem with its temperature.

4 Likes

Where I get them they’re already swimming in tartar. I can’t imagine ordering double sauce.

It is true that sometimes you have to move half the tartar from the corner of the container back to the actual sandwich.

The filet o fish love itt is making me question everything I’ve ever read on this site!

3 Likes

Los Angeles’s urban mountain lion, P-22, is likely done roaming Griffith Park and the surrounding neighborhoods in a futile search for cougar companionship. In the last few weeks he’s attacked a couple dogs on leashes, killing one, and roamed into some unusual neighborhoods at unusual times. Fish and Wildlife had already decided it was time to bring him in, but apparently he was hit by a car and they picked him up in somebody’s backyard.

I used to live in his stomping grounds, and he has fans all over LA. The fact he’s survived this long is a miracle. Like many of us in LA he wasn’t really where he was supposed to be but made a pretty good go of it.

4 Likes

He looks as stocky as a jaguar. Must be eating well.

+1. If you want to eat cheap fried fish how can the filet of fish be what you pick ever. I guess the US is pretty light on chip shops but basically anything you can buy at the grocery store and toss in the air fryer is going to end up better.

1 Like

Lots of deer in his territory, and he was the only predator that can take something that big.

Just eat a FOF and listen to some Elvis like a normal person. Weirdo.

1 Like

I’d mainline Elvis for a week over eating a fillet of fish.