2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Yeah my college roommate had his license. I refused to go.

1 Like

My dad is a pilot and used to take me up in little planes, let me fly around a bit. I probably should have gone into the field, his job was always very low working hours. He’d maybe fly a couple days a week and there would be times he’d have a week of nothing. Always flying corporate/private jets he never did the airline stuff.

1 Like

An article how the CIA used an assassination of CIA station chief to blunt the Church investigation into the CIA

The Washington Star’s Norman Kempster agreed, noting that “only a few hours after the CIA’s Athens station chief was gunned down in front of his home, the agency began a subtle campaign intended to persuade Americans that his death was the indirect result of congressional investigations and the direct result of an article in an obscure magazine. The nation’s press, by and large, swallowed the bait.”

4 Likes

I hope Americans are familiar with the magic that is the Eurovision. Starts in 2 hours. This masterpiece from Finland (@baddis) is actually 2nd on the betting market

2 Likes

Pretty much all plane crashes are small planes and there are quite a few every year.

Edit: guess only 70-90 a year (pretty much all small planes)

The brother and sister from hardcore pawn are battling on tiktok for donations. Tiktok keeps 60% of everything.

The biggest battle I have heard of was between someone from Saudi Arabia and UAE. They had close to a million viewers simultaneously and raised three quarter of a million dollars in the five minutes.

Käärijä FTW!

https://twitter.com/ttheweirdingway/status/1657367878251986945?t=wNGDZ1V4cHSrE-9Ut7pTcg&s=19

4 Likes

I won’t say that I hate Eurovision but I strongly dislike it.

Good vibes and all but the music is too damn campy. The ones I think are great always get their asses handed to them because I like rock and rock never wins.

come on man all the songs suck, it’s all about the absurdity.

I await another Epic Sax Guy meme. But I ain’t watching it.

Croatia

Didnt an Italian rock band win like two years ago and go on to be pretty big international hits?

Edit: Yeah Maneskin

Muting Eurovision on every platform

2 Likes

He got robbed by the jury vote.

Will Ferrell starred in a comedy about participating in it.

So they probably don’t know.

And I tried to listen to that “Cha Cha Cha” song by the Finnish guy and that’s some cringey shit. How the fuck did the guy finish 2nd?

Sad.

This seems to be US open but it lacks the visual effects of the actual final performance

1 Like