2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

But who will be the hookers’ hookers?

Only tangentially related, but I’ve been watching a Quebecois detective show and learned that twist means the same thing as hit in blackjack (and also that it’s apparently a normal thing to play blackjack for no money at a dinner party).

It’s hookers all the way down.

2 Likes

That’s a hologen bulb. There are led replacements. Would save some energy but they are more expensive.

real or onion:

Chase Neill left Rep. Jake LaTurner (R-Kan.) a voicemail message saying that “I will kill you,” but claims he was forwarding a message from God, not himself.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/fasc1nate/status/1615591110734135299

3 Likes

Cool, but seems a bit weird to tweet about something that was news 3+ yrs ago.

1 Like

who cares, LOOK AT HOW CUTE IT IS!!

1 Like

9 Likes

I’d say there’s a dozen equivalent minds in every mid size university today.

1. Everything got harder.
  2. Theres more educated people now.

Back then the number of people with education and the leisure time to do something with it was measured in the 10s of thousands.

Its very easy not to be that guy.

Step 1) Do not appear naked without being asked.

Thats it. Thats the end of the steps.

2 Likes

A different kind of clouded leopard escaped from the Dallas Zoo last week for a few hours so that’s gotta be why that account sent out that tweet recently.

I’m surprised to see this:

I mean, it’s hard to place precisely 0 blame on someone who pulled the trigger of the gun that killed someone, but I do feel some pity for Baldwin here.

1 Like

3AG2bFNNLcJc-YhrH4MSCPKaAPi_NR18Dr9avhNXYL8

3 Likes

I guess the armorer is also going to be charged. I am not sure how I feel about it all. I think the armorer had more responsibility than Baldwin.

Baldwin has maintained he did not pull the gun’s trigger, placing responsibility for the tragedy on the armorer and props assistant on the film, as well as the assistant director, who handed him the gun.

He probably doesn’t want to admit that yet, so he can make it a contested issue.

My understanding was that he was being charged in his capacity as producer. That he failed to take reasonable measures to make sure a loaded gun wasn’t on set.

If this is the case, it doesn’t make sense that all the producers wouldn’t be charged. It is very common for celebrities to get producer credits on low budget movies, it is very uncommon for them to actually serve a real production role.

To go a little further, when you pay a SAG actor you have to contribute a percentage of that to the SAG pension & health fund on top of what you’re paying them. You can skirt that by paying the actor the scale minimum, making them a producer, and giving them $2M as a producer fee. You only have to pay the P&H on the SAG scale wages.

Anyway, I’m totally open to the idea that there is information we don’t know that makes Baldwin criminally responsible, but given what we know now I will be absolutely astonished if he’s convicted.

1 Like

Jury full of Trumpy retirees wearing bolos deciding the fate of smartaleck Hollywood lib…What could go wrong?

This guy is about to find out. Alreaded IDed. NSFW video tweet in article, which I didn’t want to post, for n-word reasons.

https://www.narcity.com/atlanta/georgia-man-yelled-racial-slurs-fedex-worker-the-employee

That’s probably it.

I’m curious that it appears cost effective to pay a $2M fee to avoid nominal increases to the union funds. I guess some actors cost a ton and the percentage is not insignificant?