2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Also, a majority of our, or at least my, taxes are federal, as are many services, so of course that mutes the difference between states. Federal money subsidizes low tax states.

And the author isn’t on Medicaid.

4 Likes

i had federal jury duty last year. which is lame considering im exempt from STATE jury duty, but not federal. its like a 2-3 month term where you have to check in every friday to see if you have to go on monday… it’s kinda annoying, but i only got called twice and was immediately struck.

shes the one that attacked her attorney during court. the video went semi-viral… lol

also it’s “i think” significantly less common…

when i was prosecuting Domestic Violence cases, you would get maybe like 1 in 20 where the defendant was female and the victim was male. and i swear nearly all of them were like 21-24 yr old females and 45+ year old men… and it’s like you get what you ask for, she’s dating some middle aged paunchy dude 20 yrs older than her, there’s a good chance she hasn’t had exactly a normal upbringing…

2 Likes

380 posts were split to a new topic: Editing Dahl and others to be PC: Censorship?

There’s nothing to fix

1 Like

Snow might fall as low as 1000’ elevation tomorrow night in LA.

Sucks to your global warming!

1 Like

Going to be 106 here, global warming confirmed.

Aren’t you essentially at Australia’s closest point to Antarctica?

Edit: hmm for some reason I thought Adly was below Melburn

https://twitter.com/PEWilliams_/status/1628168858824585216?t=kMzRgOdAjxEnUOlYgS4VDQ&s=19

Now do murders per sushi restaurant

2 Likes

Now I have that stupid Harry Styles song stuck in my head, thanks.

I have run the numbers and we must ban sushi restaurants.

Murders per Famous Ray’s

1 Like

That hurt my head.

Public school teacher makes $15k/yr more in California than Texas.

1 Like

Cops too probably

There’s also just the fact that a lot of the value rendered by the public service is not an obvious consumer good to Joe Public. Infrastructure that works is taken for granted, but is actually a monumental undertaking largely executed by the public sector. Like Texas’s total power system failure in 2021 killed a few hundred people. Is that entirely attributable to lower taxes? Well, no, of course not. Large problems are almost always resultant from a number of factors. But it’s the kind of risk that you get with your low taxes and tons of privatization that can be mitigated by a stronger (re: more expensive) public sector.