2022 NFL Gameday Thread: C’mon Damar (Part 1)

Yes

Fuckers. We went to the NFC champ game 5 years ago and we are going again.

Anyone with recent experience on best day to buy. Prolly no later than Thursday as the boss wants seat certainty.

I just saw standing room only tickets are at like $833 right now.

Has anyone else ever found this to be a really odd phenomenon? It’s not just football and not just sports but basically all of TV where the audience is assumed to have the IQ of a King Charles spaniel, and any level of complication beyond SIT and ROLL OVER is immediately called out for making heads spin. I was recently watching some dumb show where a guest chef said something like “well I’m gonna add four cups of this and five cups of that, but then we need to double it so it’s 18 total cups,” and the host couldn’t resist abruptly ending it with an “easy there Einstein, I dunno about all of this math” comment.

Middle America loves self-deprecating humor about how bad they are at math almost as much as they love sitcoms where an overweight guy marries an impossibly attractive woman.

3 Likes

I know it’s not the TV thread but Kevin Can F**k Himself is a nice twist on that premise

This is some weird shit from people/organizations that are supposed to be supportive.

https://twitter.com/dallascowboys/status/1617383701226176512?t=LmmhUug8OMauSKit5V7svA&s=19

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1617318243043086337?t=OsrhFCy-vABt_i3FkpheOQ&s=19

Greg Abbott is a republican politician and being a dick is incredibly on brand.

Who cares about the Abbott tweet, but the Cowboys blasting their own QB like that is pretty nuts.

3 Likes

He’s also in a wheelchair. I’ll give him credit for a moment of levity.

1 Like

The other day I was thinking how hilarious it would be if Abbott somehow pissed off Trump and Trump started going after him. We know that Trump won’t hold back against anyone with disabilities, so I’m sure he would be letting them fly. Ordinarily I’d feel sorry for whoever is on the other end of that kind of abuse, but it’s Greg Abbott, so I’d give no fucks.

The worst part of that tweet is the phrase “if they didn’t again generate”

You all should see Micah Parsons weird tweet about all the QBs being on rookie deals in the final 4 but Mahomes.

It’s almost like holding your team hostage for a huge contract that everyone knows will hamstring the team from signing talent doesn’t foster endless goodwill among teammates and fans. I mean I’m not saying anyone has to do anything other than what’s in their own best interest, but don’t expect to be beloved by your team and fans when you don’t succeed.

I’m not sure the point? Yes we all know the advantage of having elite players on rookie deals gives teams, and maybe that does give a team a 4 to 5 year window before a 10 million dollar QB becomes a 40 million dollar QB but so what? Maybe draft better? Roster building through the draft and cap management are part of the game, deal with it bro.

Seems like it’s working exactly as intended. The thing that absolutely should not be legal is QBs taking team-friendly deals like Brady, which was almost certainly being paid as some sort of kickback elsewhere (TB12). Salary cap is already fake enough as is.

They should put team revenue into a pot and have a donkament to determine who gets what percentage

I’m sure in two years when it’s his turn to get paid, Parson will be happy taking $10 million rather than $20+ that elite ends gets.

Such a stupid complaint. Also, I really disagree with the idea that by negotiating for close to his full value Dak was “holding his team hostage.” Cowboys were the ones holding the cards preventing him from being a FA and if they wanted, they could have moved on from him at any time.

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1618329978516697088

lol, twitter chiefs fans got mad at this guy for posting that video. Because they wanted the Bengals to slack off thinking Mahomes was injured. lmao