2022 Midterm Elections (Abandon hope all ye who enter here) butnahhh. or maybe?

you forgot to login to the sweetsummerchild account first

Nope these ones are true thoughts. EB was very bearish on 2020 too, and that turned out better than anybody could have thought

1 Like

In the senate, yes. Plus Trump lost.

At the state level 2020 was a horror show.

Yes, I am well aware. It was probably the worst round of California ballot measures Iā€™ve seen in my lifetime. I chalk it up to people hedging their Biden vote, and thatā€™s less likely to happen in 2022, especially if we are mostly virus free and he has done something for students loan payers/health care needers

Dems will lose everything thatā€™s up for grabs, gonna be a full on rout

Unless they actually get to work in the next two years, which seems unlikely at this point

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t be shocked if Democratic performance strongly correlates with how many people think the vaccine was rolled out faster than expected.

Oh weā€™re talking about 2020 election and not the year 2020?

The election sucked ass. Based on polling a ton of us were expecting a massive landslide and Biden winning shit like FL and us getting 52-53 seats.

I fully donā€™t expect them to nuke the filibuster because Manchin and a few others. Hopefully they do the thing where they have a modified filibuster where in the end you can pass stuff with 50+1 votes after a bunch of debate or w.e

Regardless though, two big reconciliation bills, forgive the 10k student debt, vaccine rollout and getting back to normal would be more than the government has done for anyone in our lifetimes and could lead to a huge turnout in 2022.

Ftfy

HR 1 is a must.

1 Like

100% agree and Iā€™m hoping Manchin seeā€™s the desperate need for it, but Iā€™m doubtful. If we can get to like 52+ in 2022 though weā€™re golden.

I donā€™t think you guys understand what gerrymandering + the GOP pulling out all the stops to keep people from voting is gonna do.

4 Likes

Do you mean house? Senate doesnā€™t have gerrymandering by governors or whatever

Yeah. brain fart.

1 Like

This guy gets it:

3 Likes

This shit legit gives me a ton of anxiety. This is why Iā€™ve been saying democracy is on the line in 2022 despite several people telling me its annoying. This is different than past voter suppression attempts, now their supporters openly want a complete strangle hold on power and they donā€™t care how it happens. There is no limit.

1 Like

It is straight up HR1 or bust. Democracy is on the line for convincing Manchin and Sinema that it is HR1 or bust.

I havenā€™t looked at it too closely, is the thought that we donā€™t stand a chance in 2022 without it?

1 Like

Itā€™s not 0%, mainly because the senate map is pretty friendly. The house might be ugly though. 2024 without HR1 thoughā€¦

And the important thing is to be PROACTIVE and do this quickly rather than in response to all of these new bullshit laws at the state level.

Yeah thats what Iā€™m thinking. I think we just need to convince Manchin to nuke the filibuster for HR1. Sinema is in AZ, which is in the process of making a ton of laws that will make it impossible for her to win, she will go along with it simply for preservation.

My backup hope is we keep the house and gain a couple seats in the senate that we donā€™t have to rely on Manchin.

Not sure whats the longer shot.